Hi, friends! Happy Friday!
It’s funny how more often than not, my work life balances out my personal life. All week long, I’ve been in fairly excruciating pain from a toothache, and work has been cooperating by not driving me crazy for once. I had a dentist appointment on Monday, and he told me it’s deeply infected around the nerve (hence all the pain), and due to the location of the cavity (on the side, between teeth), he can’t fix it. So I need to have my upper right molar removed, and evaluated for an implant. Not fun. But in the meantime, the main problem is the infection, and I’ve been on antibiotics since Monday. It’s now Friday and the pain is still killing me, but at least I was able to sleep the full night last night, for the first time in over a week. I guess that’s progress.
Speaking of progress, I needed to get fitted for new fire pants at drill last night because mine are getting a bit too big (see pic above). That’s the best problem ever to have, short of (ha) gaining a few inches in height. 🙂 So I snagged a new-to-me pair that’s actually much nicer and newer than my old pair and now my pants aren’t sagging like a dirty diaper. Hooray!
(If you’re wondering, yes, that is a soccer ball and I was indeed playing soccer against the fire hall wall in my bunker gear. It was cold, y’all!)
- Currently Reading: Still nothing. I have been on a weird cleaning streak, though. Today I made a list of a bunch of things to do in and out of the house. It’s a considerable list, so I’m not sure everything will get finished. But I’ve already done a lot over the past couple days, and that’s helping to tire me out in lieu of reading. Someday soon I’ll find a book that catches my eye and I won’t be able to put it down, but I’m enjoying the cleaning spree for now.
- Currently Eating: I still have leftovers from Sunday’s October Thanksgiving at my parents’ house, so I’ve been in a turkey/mashed potatoes/gravy coma for much of the past week. The soft foods have been helpful with the toothache.
I don’t have anything planned for dinner tonight or for the rest of the weekend, though, so I might need to do some planning in the midst of all my cleaning. If nothing else, I need to make something to take for lunch at fire school tomorrow.
- Currently Watching: I’m still watching Bojack Horseman (on season 2 now!), and I’m still on an Iron Fist hiatus. But my favorite thing I’ve been watching so far is season 4 of Schitt’s Creek. There’s something about that show that just makes me laugh and laugh, irreverent as it is.
I’ve had a recent “craving” to watch The League again, but I can’t find it on Netflix or Amazon Prime. Anyone know if it’s available for free online somewhere?
- Currently Loving: I got to hang with the pupperonis on Sunday, and M got to meet them (he also got to meet my grandmas). Everyone had a good time, and the pups loved him. They were exhausted for days after we left!
I finally had the opportunity to meet M’s family, as we had dinner with his parents and sisters on Wednesday night at Gaucho. I wasn’t sure how it went (between the blinding tooth pain, the exhaustion from not sleeping in days, and the nerves of meeting his parents, I was in a bit of a daze), but I got a text the next day that they loved me, so I guess it went well!
Several people have offered to take me to my tooth extraction appointment on Wednesday, which is super nice. I hate asking people to do things for me, especially if it involves them driving into Oakland, parking, waiting for me, and/or taking off from work, but I appreciate that so many people have offered. Last night at the fire dept, a bunch of the guys said that if I ever need a ride to something like that, to let any one of them know… it’s like I have a whole new extended family. Nice guys, those firefighters. 🙂
- Currently Anticipating: Getting rid of this tooth pain, for one thing.
- Tonight I have a bunch of errands to run. Aside from yard work and prepping for fall/winter outside, I need to go to Costco to pick up prescriptions, Walmart to buy more breakfast supplies, the fire department to prep my gear in the squad vehicle for tomorrow morning, and Goodwill (if I have time) to see if I can find clothes appropriate for our live burn days at school. For the live burns, we can’t wear any Under Armor-style gear; nothing with elastic, etc… which rules out almost all of my clothing. Oof.
- Tomorrow I have to leave for school at 7am and likely won’t return home until after 6pm (Saturdays are EXHAUSTING).
- Tomorrow evening I’m planning on hanging out with M and his son.
- Sunday I tentatively have nothing planned, but I have a feeling that will change.
- Monday I have volleyball.
- Tuesday is a free night, but I’m sure I’ll be with either M or a friend.
- Wednesday is my tooth extraction day. On the plus side, no work for me that day!
- Thursday is drill night with the fire department (pending how I feel after the extraction).
- Then it’s Friday again!
Have a great weekend, everyone!