This might actually be one of the ugliest meals I’ve ever taken a picture of and posted online. It’s a mostly vegetarian noodle stir-fry, complete with tons of veggies, a Dr. Praeger’s harvest burger, and a silly amount of sriracha. I say mostly vegetarian because I sprinkled some furikake with bonito flakes (dried fish) on it. Who doesn’t love dried fish flakes?
Anyway, for as awful as it looks, it wasn’t so bad. Not the best thing I’ve ever made (by far), but edible. Still, I think I’ll need some cookie butter ice cream to wash it all down before bed… ;)
Some of us take the words “Fat Tuesday” seriously (and a little too literally).
I returned to the steam room tonight for the first time in months. The two minutes I was stuck in the cold today were just too much for me, so I took matters into my own hands.
Jelly legs and deep sleep, here I come! :)
My favorite guys had a BIG day today!
Any time I come to visit, it’s a big day for them because I always run around like crazy with them. Today we played outside for a little before my cousin’s birthday party, and then we went for a long walk together, which turned into a little running. Taco is excellent at walking (and at most things, aside from fetch – he’s terrible at dropping the ball!), but Tank is a little crazypants when he goes on walks. Tank weaves like he’s either drunk or trying to stop someone from aiming at him… the ENTIRE time we walk. So I did a little experiment with them today – I ran with Taco and he did fine, but he didn’t want to stop. Taco in turn became a crazypants and tried to get me to run more with him by trying to grab my hand and his leash. Tank was the big surprise of the night – Mr. Bob-And-Weave ran in a straight line and was very well-behaved when we ran and even when we stopped. He’s a bit chubby, so he wasn’t running super-fast, but he did so much better than when he walks! Weird.
After the walk, we settled in to watch the Superbowl, mainly for the commercials. We started flipping to the Puppy Bowl when the game had lulls, and that’s when we noticed our two canine companions were big fans of the Puppy Bowl. Tank more than Taco. Tank just stopped dead in his tracks when he saw puppies on TV; Taco took some time to warm up to them. By the 4th quarter of the Superbowl, when my dad came home from work, they were both watching the Puppy Bowl on the couch with me, as seen above (please disregard my puppy fur-covered sleeve).
With the arrival of my dad, the Puppy Bowl took a backseat to the football game, and the pups got bored. This was the scene at the end of the game:
Both of them were just DONE. They’d been kicked off the couch by my dad and they’d had a full day of playing, walking, and running. Plus, it was past their bedtime.
What a bunch of babies. ;)
It may not look like it (or maybe it does; I’m not sure what’s considered normal anymore), but when I got to work this afternoon, I walked into a world of chaos. Apparently there was a deep cleaning session during the week, and a bunch of servers cleaned the bar. Which, thanks, we appreciate that! However, no one knew where anything was supposed to go, so when I came in today, nothing was where I expected it to be. Things were on the floor that should never be on the floor, our tip jar was just completely hidden, our mixers (juices) were hidden under a cabinet, and the glasses… well, I don’t know where to start with the glasses. I don’t think anything was in the same spot as where we’d left it last weekend.
So yeah, I ended up spending the first hour or so of my shift rearranging the mess, and then I felt like I was behind the entire rest of the night. On the plus side, the bar is clean. Also, there’s not another deep clean scheduled, so I’m fairly confident that when I go in next Saturday things will be (mostly) where I left them tonight. At least I can hope! ;)
Another week is in the books, and we are now through the first full work week in February. Only a few more months until there is sun and warmth on a regular basis… I can hardly wait!
- Currently Reading: Thisclose to finishing In The Unlikely Event. According to my Kindle, I only have 39 minutes left in the book. I was trying to finish it before writing up this post, but sadly work needs to take precedence. I plan to finish it tonight, though, and then move on to Dark Places. I will say this – In The Unlikely Event is definitely worth the time investment. So good.
- Currently Eating: I do this thing with avocados where I take a ripe one and mash it up with some hatch chile salsa. I usually eat about half, and then spread a fresh layer of salsa over the mix and keep the other half in the fridge. The acid in the salsa keeps the avocado fresh and green, and I get to keep the other half for a few days. It doesn’t look super-pretty, but it tastes good. I did this on Wednesday night, so now I’m planning on eating the remaining avo-salsa dip today with my lunch. So there’s your tip of the day: keep avocados fresh with a layer of salsa over top! You’re welcome.
- Currently Craving: Honestly, junk food. The Superbowl is this weekend, and although I’m largely uninterested in the outcome, I am looking forward to some good old fashioned junk food. I’ll be in Butler for the day, for my baby cousin’s 2nd birthday party, so I know there will be junk there, and I’m sure my mom and I will eat more junk for dinner while my dad’s at work. Personally, I could go for some buffalo chicken dip, but I doubt I can convince anyone in the family to make it before Sunday. Even without it, though, I’m sure I’ll get my fill of crap this weekend.
- Currently Loving: Remember when I lost my dang mind and posted my delusions about The Muppets and Dolly Parton? Well, I’m not the only one who thinks this way, apparently. It’s not quite the same, but this video of The Muppets performing Shaggy’s ‘It Wasn’t Me’ just makes me laugh and laugh and laugh. It is by far the best video I saw on the internet this week. Enjoy.
- Currently Anticipating: Swimming tonight at the gym – I was supposed to swim M, W, F, but I had to skip Wednesday (for good reason – happy hour!). I’m excited to get back in there tonight, and to not have to rush since I don’t have any big plans for the night.
Also anticipating the trip to my parents’ house since it’s been a month or so… and I miss my puppies. Tank is apparently going through some “growing pains” and being a bad dog – he pooped in my mom’s car on the way to doggy daycare this week (HAHAHAHA), and he keeps stealing and eating slippers and shoes. Taco never did such juvenile things. Taco is mature. I can’t wait to see their furry faces. :)
That’s it from me this week! It was a good week, but it always feels even better when it’s Fri-Yay!