Welcome back for another Five Things Friday, where I recap the good things that are happening at the moment on this glorious Friday.
- Currently Reading: NOT The Goldfinch! I finally finished it last weekend (huzzah)! I decided to go for something lighter and fluffier (much fluffier) to recover after the marathon that is The Goldfinch, so now I’m reading Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella (author of the Shopaholic books). I’m already halfway through it, which is refreshing since it took me like two full months to read the last book.
- Currently Eating: Anything that I can make without making a trip to the store. I’m trying to clean up my fridge and freezer a little, given that the end of August/beginning of September always seems to bring on a storm that knocks our power out for a day or two. I’m trying to be proactive about this, and “saving” (i.e., eating) all the food now, before it’s too late. It’s a rough life I lead. 😉
- Currently Craving: Sleep. I’ve averaged about 4 hours of sleep each night for the past two weeks or so, and I’m really not digging it. This seems to happen every so often, and it’s usually followed by a couple weeks of getting 8+ hours of sleep, so hopefully that part kicks in soon.
- Currently Loving: This video. I love the dance she’s doing, and I wish my hair could look like that while I work out (it always frizzes up immediately, so I don’t even try – harsh ponytails all the way for me!), but for me the real entertainment is the guy on the bike in the background. Love it, and can’t stop watching it.
- Currently Anticipating: This is the exact time of year I’ve looked forward to and dreaded (at the same time) for the majority of my life. It’s Butler Farm Show time! I love it because (obviously) junk food, family, fun, and tradition. I simultaneously dread it because the Farm Show has historically meant the last hurrah of summer. Sure, we still have a vacation to go on, but the Farm Show is the last fun thing of the summer back home. At least now I don’t have to deal with going back to school afterwards… although, that would be a welcome change (I liked school).
Does anyone else go through massive sleep upheavals from time to time? How about freezer clean-outs?