I bet you thought I forgot about the Five Things Friday post, didn’t you? Well, with all the traveling and vacationing that went on the past two Fridays (and the fact that the wifi where we were staying wouldn’t connect to any of my devices), I took a brief hiatus, but we’re back to our regularly-scheduled programming now. 🙂
- Currently Reading: Sick in the Head, by Judd Apatow. I’ve always been a fan of Apatow’s movies and tv shows (Freaks and Geeks, Trainwreck, Knocked Up, The 40-Year-Old Virgin, This Is 40, etc.), but I didn’t realize he was originally a stand-up comedian (and he’s moved back to that). In this book, he’s compiled interviews he did with comedians from back when he was a kid (the earliest I’ve seen so far dates back to 1983), to current interviews. Not only is it predictably funny, but it’s made me appreciate how challenging it is to be a comedian.
Also worth mentioning, while at the beach I devoured Funny Girl by Nick Hornby. Absolutely LOVED it.
- Currently Eating: Today’s breakfast totally killed – egg white omelette with spinach & feta chicken sausage, avocado, cheddar, and salsa, cooked in a teensy bit of southwest-infused olive oil. NOMS.
- Currently Craving: Some quality time doing nothing in quiet. You might think, “You just got back from the beach, you jerk. You had plenty of time to do nothing!” But you’d be wrong. Just so, so wrong. The beach vacation wasn’t nearly as relaxing as you might think (or as I may have let on), but let’s just say I’m very happy to be back in my own home, with doors that lock, and with no children. 🙂 Unfortunately, I have to work both tonight and tomorrow, and Sunday I have plans, so my only day of real relaxation potential will be on Monday. Thank goodness for holiday weekends.
- Currently Loving: Excalibur dehydrators. I may have just bought one to replace my $20 Aldi dehydrator with the heating coils on the bottom of the unit, which is a nightmare to clean when making jerky. The Excalibur dehydrators have fans on the side, and you can simply wipe out any jerky residue on the bottom. A coworker who makes his own jerky has one and can’t say enough good things about it… so I’d better get started on marinating some meat so it’s ready when the mail comes on Tuesday!
- Currently Anticipating: I have a very complicated relationship with this weekend. On the one hand, I’m excited to be back to bartending and making money tonight and tomorrow… but I really just want to sleep instead (it’s been a stressful week). And Sunday, I kind of don’t want to do anything, but somehow I got roped into going to Erie with the fam. I’m happy to be with the fam, and I’m excited to see the puppies, but they’re crazy and they wear me out. So there are great things to look forward to every day this weekend, but if I had to pick, the day I’m looking forward to the most is Monday (for once).
Hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend and holiday!