I am in for a world of insanity this weekend and next week, so if I’m being totally honest, I’m most looking forward to next Friday, when I won’t have to worry about business trips, kickoffs (work, not football), 5:30 am flights, and midnight red-eye flights. Still, there is some awesome stuff to come, so let’s get to it!
- Currently Reading: I have about 5% of Shopaholic to the Stars left. After that, I’m probably going to tackle my ever-growing magazine stack.
- Currently Eating: I made vegan biscuits earlier this week, and they are killer. They’re only vegan because I used almond milk and coconut oil instead of real milk and butter, but they’re still friggin’ delicious. I’ve been putting Costco pesto on them, topping them with my dehydrated “pizza” tomatoes, and fried egg whites for breakfast. It’s so good, and even better when I drizzle some balsamic reduction on it. (<– Everything’s better with balsamic reduction.)
- Currently Craving: Quiet time and rest. I’m really nervous about this upcoming weekend and week – I have to hold myself to a very tight timeline, and I really just want some wiggle room.
- Currently Loving: This is going to sound super-conceited, but my arms. I’ve been hitting the gym regularly for months (since probably January or February), and for the past few months I’ve been focusing more on my arms, shoulders, chest, and back. There have been a lot of dips, chin-ups, and pull-ups over the past few months, in addition to chest presses and shoulder presses, and I’m really starting to see a lot of definition. Some others are noticing as well – my boss’s boss said to me yesterday that my arms are looking dangerous. Do you have your tickets to the gun show? 😉
- Currently Anticipating: Despite being all ‘whiny crybaby’ about the next seven days, I am actually rather excited. Tonight I’m heading to my parents’ house to celebrate my dad’s birthday a couple days early, so I’ll get to see the puppies. I’m excited about bartending on Saturday night… and then I’m excited about the work trip that I’m taking starting on Sunday morning. I’m not excited about the timeline – I probably won’t get home from work Saturday until about 1am or so, and then I have a flight leaving at 5:30am. So basically, I won’t be sleeping Saturday into Sunday. BUT, the trip is to somewhere I’ve never been and always wanted to go to… and as of two months ago, I have family there that I’ll get to see. Most of the day on Sunday will be spent exploring (hence why I’m sucking it up and leaving so early). Plus, work trips are fun because I get to cut loose and get whatever I want – Starbucks, fancy dinners, drinks, etc. – and I don’t have to pay out of my own pocket. But still, it’s my first time leading this particular work trip and I’m nervous; not to mention there’s the issue of time changes (and a red-eye flight coming back home). So yeah. I’m excited, and terrified. But more immediately, excited. 🙂