By the time this posts, I’ll be
getting sand in uncomfortable places sitting on a plane on my way to Mexico. Huzzah! I don’t think I’ve ever been so excited about a vacation before. It’s been a crazy couple months with work, and as of yesterday, all of my accounts are in a good, solid place for the first time in… well, ever. This might be the first time I’ve been able to go on vacation without panicking about the work that’s not being done while I’m gone. Fingers crossed that nothing terrible happens while I’m away, and that I don’t come back to hundreds of angry/spastic emails. 🙂
- Currently Reading: I plan on taking several magazines, my Kindle, and a hardback book to the beach. In my arsenal: two issues of Real Simple, one issue of InStyle (because I like to pretend I’m fancy people), and one issue of Entertainment Weekly. On the Kindle, I have Lena Dunham’s Not That Kind of Girl, and for the hardback book, I have BJ Novak’s One More Thing. Obviously, I’m going for easy reading over the next few days.
- Currently Eating: My mom and I have an early flight tradition: McDonald’s breakfast sandwiches and the biggest coffees McD’s sells at the Pittsburgh airport. Since our flight is at 5:55 am (obviously, I’m writing this in advance), I’m not quite sure we’ll be doing that today. BUT, on the plus side, we have a transfer at my favorite airport (O’Hare), so if we don’t make it to Mickey D’s before our first flight, I’m hoping my mom will be cool with stopping at Tortas Frontera and Starbucks for breakfast. Tortas Frontera is the shizzle; it’s my favorite place to stop on a transfer. If you have the chance to hit up a Rick Bayless restaurant, even if it’s in an airport, you go. So yeah. I’ll be eating either a McDonald’s breakfast sandwich, or everything I can get my hands on at Tortas Frontera. 🙂
- Currently Craving: Coco Loco drinks. My dad introduced me to the Coco Loco in Punta Cana a couple years ago, and they were fantastic. They’re more of a “dessert” drink, but I’m sure they’ll go down just fine in the middle of the day. Neither my mom nor I can really drink a whole lot (we’re what you might call “lightweights”), but I’m going to try my hardest to get my money’s worth on this trip. 😉 I’ve even been researching different frozen drinks I can try. I’m going to be a hot mess, and I just don’t even care.
- Currently Loving: The idea of hot sand, warm water, and cold drinks. The fact that I don’t have to worry about work – ANY work, ANY job – for the next four days. The fact that I will not have cell reception at the resort, so no one can text me and tell me I have a kickoff for a customer the day I get back. The fact that I will not be wasting my one hour of wifi each day on checking emails… so if there’s a big problem at work, too bad. The accomplishment of eating almost all of the perishables in my fridge before leaving. Oh, and the cherry on top of the beach sundae is that we turn the clocks back this weekend… so we get an extra hour at the beach. BOOM!
- Currently Anticipating: Have I mentioned I’m on my way to Cancun? Well, Riviera Maya, actually. Still, the beach. So basically, I’m anticipating this whole entire long weekend. 🙂
Happy Friday, everyone, and Happy [preemptive] Halloween!