I’m having a real Ferris Bueller reaction to life these days. You know, when he says, “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” Days seem to be flying by faster than I can process them, and while that’s sort of good (especially when it comes to work), it’s also bad because it confuses me. It constantly feels like Tuesday to me.
I need to find a way to make this work to my advantage. 🙂
- Currently Reading: Ha. I still haven’t moved on from Not That Kind of Girl. I might never be done with this book. The swimming I’ve been doing lately has been completely wiping me out, which means I just collapse into bed, turn off the light, turn my Fitbit to sleep mode, and crash hard. I’ve had some pretty amazing sleep logs this past week. Sleeping over reading is a trade-off I’m happy to make. 🙂
- Currently Eating: I opted to work from home today to get some stuff done, and I made myself some cheesy grits with Red Hot and egg whites. The grits were from a packet I got at some random hotel (I can’t even remember when), but when doctored up, they weren’t too bad. Very salty, but otherwise good. I might need to make grits more often.
- Currently Craving: A couple days ago, I saw that Burgatory has a Thanksgiving-themed burger and it hasn’t left my mind since. It’s a turkey burger with seasoning, mashed potatoes, cranberries, etc., and it looked freaking amazing. I’m a sucker for all things turkey and Thanksgiving (food-wise), so resisting is going to be difficult.
- Currently Loving: Two or three days ago, I had the bright idea that I needed new shoes. Here’s my problem – I’m clumsy, and sometimes Pittsburgh streets are slippery (“slippy,” for you yinzers). The shoes I normally wear to work with jeans are very hard and slippery on the bottom, which means I’m constantly bracing myself for a fall. So instead of dealing with all that noise, I decided to reignite my interest in Pumas. I used to be obsessed with them in grad school – they were pretty much all I wore. I understand that they may not be at the pinnacle of haute couture, but then again, neither am I. And quite frankly, I love them. So. I’m pretty psyched about my purchase and I can’t wait to break them in.
- Currently Anticipating: Thanksgiving, or more honestly, two full days off from both jobs. I still have to work the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but I have Thursday and Friday entirely off. Plus, if you haven’t already realized, I’m kind of BFFs with my parents and the puppies, so I’m excited to hang with them for more than a few hours. And turkey. Turkey is always a selling point. 🙂
Have a great weekend, everyone!