I’m still in complete denial that it’s December; in fact, I originally typed out a November date for today’s date in the post title. If I had to pinpoint where I feel like we are in the year, I’d probably go with early October. So where on earth did the last 2 months go?
Back To The Future-style time travel needs to happen soon.
- Currently Reading: Lena Dunham is out; Wonder is in. I’m about 30% through Wonder, and I’m loving it.
- Currently Eating: I made an enormous (sort of) batch of tuna noodle casserole two days ago, so I’ve been nomming on that a lot. I go in spurts with it – I’ll look forward to eating it for the entire time it’s around (in this case, it’ll be about 6 meals), and then I’ll be “off” it for a few months. This is obviously an “on” period in my life. I made it with cream of chicken instead of cream of mushroom soup (because mushrooms = fungus = not food = disgusting), and also added some cheddar cheese to the top of it to form a nice crispy crust. It’s pretty good, and it’s warm and easy comfort food. I can’t ask for much more than that.
- Currently Craving: Ironically (and luckily, I guess), tuna noodle casserole. Also, pecan pie. My aunt usually makes pecan pie for Thanksgiving, but for some reason, she didn’t this year. The pie has been requested for Christmas. Now I have to figure out how I can wait 3 full weeks before getting my hands on some sugary goodness…
- Currently Loving: We’re all well-aware (too aware) of all the bad things going on in the world. I can’t tell if it’s because I’ve taken care to really seek them out, or because everyone else is also feeling the drain of the bad things, but I’m concurrently noticing a lot of feel-good stories. I’m talking about an awesome Santa that goes above and beyond, another Santa that knew just what to do, these two adorable pups that make me want to cry from The Happies every time I see the video, friends announcing a pregnancy they’ve tried for for years (no link, because privacy), and numerous Facebook, blog, and news posts about people doing all-around good things for strangers. The more I seek out the good stories, the less the bad ones sting. In fact, I think I’m going to find a way to incorporate “good” things into my 16 in ’16 list.
- Currently Anticipating: This evening. I went to the gym last night and tried to get into the pool, but I was informed that the chlorine levels were too high, so the pool was closed for the night. I’d stopped at Dunham’s beforehand to get a new swim cap, so I was a little excited to test it out (it’s the little things in life). Anyway, the pool is supposed to be up and running today, so I’m anticipating a nice long swim with (hopefully) dry hair at the end. It really doesn’t take much to make me happy. 🙂
Have a great weekend, everyone!