I’ve had better Friday mornings, that’s for sure. My boss’s boss nominated me to help create a certification program for my role… which would be totally fine, except I have to take these classes to learn how to create a certification exam. That’s not something I’m used to, and I had about 16 hours (2 work hours) to take care of my regular responsibilities and to create some exam questions before an 8 am call. Needless to say, with my other responsibilities, the questions I created weren’t amazing (but at least I did them, which is better than 90% of the rest of the team). Well, we joined this 8 am call and since my questions were some of the very few that were created, the moderator picked on me. Like, a lot. Just tore through every single word of the questions and answers I created. Defending the word “and” or the position of our company name within the phrasing of a question is NOT the way I like to spend the first two hours of my day, especially before I’m able to get some coffee. So yeah, when I got some coffee? There might have been a little something “extra” in it. Trust me, I earned it.
On the plus side, my day gets to end a little early since the day started so much earlier. AND, I have off on Monday and Tuesday. So. Not too shabby.
- Currently Reading: I haven’t made as much progress through Wonder as I’d hoped, but I’m still reading it, and I still like it. Finding the time to read this week has been a challenge, but I’m hopeful that I’ll make some progress over the next few days.
- Currently Eating: Whipped cream and candy cane popcorn from Pittsburgh Popcorn. I’ve got this weird popcorn fascination thing going on, and I don’t know why – usually I could take it or leave it, but these days it’s all I want.
- Currently Craving: Kettle corn, candy cane popcorn, and buttered popcorn. And wood-fired pizza… always craving good pizza.
- Currently Loving: Two things in particular.
1) Pentatonix. I downloaded their album (are they still called albums?) a few weeks ago, and I’ve been listening to it pretty much non-stop. Some favorites: Can’t Sleep Love (the song that got me hooked), Sing, Misbehavin’, If I Ever Fall in Love, and Cracked. I’ve been listening to the entire album while on the treadmill, and every time these songs come on, I just get this huge grin on my face. It’s a real feel-good type of album, and I recommend it.
2) Much more explicit than Pentatonix is my other recent addiction – Matt Bellassai’s Whine About It videos. The videos might be a little controversial, and if you’re really sensitive to explicit language, you may not enjoy the videos, but we’ve been passing these videos around at work and we can’t even handle them. They’re hilarious, and watching them has led to a lot of weird looks from our neighbors at work. The ones I recommend the most are: Types Of Foods That Are The Worst, Ways To Win At Thanksgiving Dinner, Reasons Mornings Are The Absolute Worst, and The Worst Things About Office Holiday Parties. However, they’re all pretty great and they’ve all made me snort-laugh in the middle of the workday. 😉
- Currently Anticipating: This was my last full week of work for the year; the rest of the weeks are partial for me. In particular, I’m off Monday and Tuesday of next week, and then I’m taking a half day next Friday. I’m pretty jazzed. I feel like I need a break from all this craziness…
Plus, I’ve barely even started Christmas shopping, and we all know how I love excuses to spend money. So maybe tonight, or this weekend, I’ll get a chance to get out there and see what would be appropriate for my “peeps.”
Happy Friday, everyone!