Today has (so far) been the best day of work possible – I’m taking a half day, only working in the morning, and since we had our Christmas party last night, no one is doing jack this morning. So my morning is mostly free and my afternoon is mine to do as I please. And the rest of the year? I’m working only 1 or 2 days each week AND I think I have the weekend after Christmas completely off from both jobs. So yeah. Happy days are here. 🙂
- Currently Reading: The Keep by Jennifer Egan. I finished Wonder while we were in Ohio and started on Geek Love while we were there… but I just couldn’t get into it despite the fact that I’ve been waiting on the waitlist for it for like two years. It was not the type of “Geek” I was expecting, and I couldn’t get into the rhythm of it. I chose The Keep, though, because I liked A Visit from the Goon Squad. I’m only a few pages in, but so far I like the “feel” of this book better than Geek Love.
- Currently Eating: Amish Cinnamon Bread, as pictured above. I bought a loaf on Tuesday and I’ve been nomming on it for breakfast every day since. It’s pretty awesome – there’s a thick ribbon of cinnamon sugar woven through it that gets gooey when toasted. So good.
- Currently Craving: Chinese food, for a change. I’m trying to plan out my afternoon with about 3000 things I want to get done, and I’m tentatively planning on grabbing some takeout for lunch… even if it’s a late lunch. Other plans include getting a haircut (maybe), hitting the gym for a much-needed double workout, and finishing up some Christmas shopping. My mom’s presents are all taken care of, but my dad’s presents are only partway done and I have no idea what to get him to round it out. Something tells me that Chinese food will provide needed sustenance to power through figuring out the last few gifts. 😉
- Currently Loving: The fact that I’m only working 3 more days this year (and one of them will likely be an “early” day). Don’t hate me, but I’m loving the flurries outside right now – I can handle them up until January 2, then I’d like them to go away. Plus, the colder weather means I get to wear the super-cute new coat that I bought earlier this week. Also, a friend of mine just texted this to me while he’s waiting for the 11am showing of Star Wars to start:
I admit, I giggled.
- Currently Anticipating: So much time off from work! Ironically, I think I’ve finally started to hit my stride with work stuff the past month or so, but I’m still very much anticipating having a few days where I just hang out in the house in jammies all day. Plus, while everyone else is nerding out over Star Wars, I’m a little geeky about Tina Fey, so I’m excited about Sisters coming out (and no, I don’t care what critics say about it – even if it’s awful, I’ll still be happy to be watching Tina Fey. She’s one of my favorites). I might just have to add that to my list of things to do today or early next week on one of my days off.
Have a great weekend everyone, and get on with your nerd selves!