I made the executive decision to work from home today; I’m feeling kind of wiped out. It’s been a rough week at work, but it seems to be ending on a high note (thank goodness). Plus, it’s Friday, it’s payday, and I bartend tomorrow, so things are definitely looking up. 🙂
- Currently Reading: The never-ending story, AKA In The Unlikely Event. I actually made some progress with it this week, but I’m still less than halfway through. Still loving it, but so darn tired every night.
- Currently Eating: Not leftovers, that’s for sure. I’ve reached my threshold of both pizza and deli meat. Both are delicious, but I’ve had way too much of both of them the past week or so. For maybe the first time in my existence, I’m thankful I don’t have any more leftovers (I normally love leftovers for their convenience). I’m kind of looking forward to actually cooking something for dinner tonight. Maybe I’ll even add a few vegetables, who knows, things might get crazy.
- Currently Craving: As always, more sleep. I don’t know what’s up with me, but something’s strange.
Other than sleep, I could really go for some custard. The Meadows of Monroeville posted a picture of their chocolate marshmallow custard earlier in the week, and I’ve been thinking about it ever since. Unfortunately, they change flavors every day and chocolate marshmallow is no longer available. Today’s flavors are cappuccino chocolate chunk and turtle, both of which I’m not 100% sold on, but I suppose I could probably be convinced to give them a try after the gym tonight… 😉
- Currently Loving: So many things!
First: I saw this story earlier this week and it’s stuck with me. I just can’t even begin to comprehend how incredible this entire family is. It’s sort of a sad story, but also a very inspiring story, and it left me wanting to be a better person.
Second: This kid and his (?) enthusiasm. I mean, who doesn’t feel like that when they hit the gym??
Third: This might label me as a weirdo, but I don’t care. I’ve been rocking out to the Sam & Dave station on Pandora for the past few weeks, and I just can’t get enough of it. If you don’t know Sam & Dave, they were a soul duo in the 60s-80s. Perhaps you’ve heard the songs “Soul Man,” “Hold On, I’m Comin’,” or “I Thank You” on the radio? They were all sung by Sam & Dave. I’m a big lover of oldies to begin with, but this Pandora station is blowing me away every day. Think: James Brown, Aretha Franklin, The Blues Brothers, Al Green, Wilson Pickett, and the list just goes on. Even when I’m exhausted and I feel like I’m going to fall asleep sitting up, listening to this station perks me right up. I’ve been caught chair-dancing at work more times than I can count over the past few weeks, and each time, I was listening to this.
- Currently Anticipating: Being done with this week. I have two more hours of work, and a bajillion things to get done, but for once I’m okay with leaving some things for Monday. I just can’t handle certain people anymore, and I had to forcibly stop myself from writing a very rude email to someone internal who keeps asking me to do their job for them. I don’t do it often, but I’ll be unsyncing my work email from my phone this weekend, just so I can have a couple days of peace.
Also anticipating going to the gym tonight to work off some steam. See above.
And finally, I’m anticipating some warmer temperatures this weekend. Rumor has it, we’ll be seeing temps in the upper 40s this weekend, and maybe even a little higher. It’ll be nice not worrying about snow or ice on the way to and from work tomorrow. 🙂
That’s all I’ve got! Have a great (RELAXING!) weekend, everyone!