Another week is in the books, and we are now through the first full work week in February. Only a few more months until there is sun and warmth on a regular basis… I can hardly wait!
- Currently Reading: Thisclose to finishing In The Unlikely Event. According to my Kindle, I only have 39 minutes left in the book. I was trying to finish it before writing up this post, but sadly work needs to take precedence. I plan to finish it tonight, though, and then move on to Dark Places. I will say this – In The Unlikely Event is definitely worth the time investment. So good.
- Currently Eating: I do this thing with avocados where I take a ripe one and mash it up with some hatch chile salsa. I usually eat about half, and then spread a fresh layer of salsa over the mix and keep the other half in the fridge. The acid in the salsa keeps the avocado fresh and green, and I get to keep the other half for a few days. It doesn’t look super-pretty, but it tastes good. I did this on Wednesday night, so now I’m planning on eating the remaining avo-salsa dip today with my lunch. So there’s your tip of the day: keep avocados fresh with a layer of salsa over top! You’re welcome.
- Currently Craving: Honestly, junk food. The Superbowl is this weekend, and although I’m largely uninterested in the outcome, I am looking forward to some good old fashioned junk food. I’ll be in Butler for the day, for my baby cousin’s 2nd birthday party, so I know there will be junk there, and I’m sure my mom and I will eat more junk for dinner while my dad’s at work. Personally, I could go for some buffalo chicken dip, but I doubt I can convince anyone in the family to make it before Sunday. Even without it, though, I’m sure I’ll get my fill of crap this weekend.
- Currently Loving: Remember when I lost my dang mind and posted my delusions about The Muppets and Dolly Parton? Well, I’m not the only one who thinks this way, apparently. It’s not quite the same, but this video of The Muppets performing Shaggy’s ‘It Wasn’t Me’ just makes me laugh and laugh and laugh. It is by far the best video I saw on the internet this week. Enjoy.
- Currently Anticipating: Swimming tonight at the gym – I was supposed to swim M, W, F, but I had to skip Wednesday (for good reason – happy hour!). I’m excited to get back in there tonight, and to not have to rush since I don’t have any big plans for the night.
Also anticipating the trip to my parents’ house since it’s been a month or so… and I miss my puppies. Tank is apparently going through some “growing pains” and being a bad dog – he pooped in my mom’s car on the way to doggy daycare this week (HAHAHAHA), and he keeps stealing and eating slippers and shoes. Taco never did such juvenile things. Taco is mature. I can’t wait to see their furry faces. 🙂
That’s it from me this week! It was a good week, but it always feels even better when it’s Fri-Yay!