Without going into specifics, this has been a really strange week (it’s been nuts, if you will… get it?). Each night has ended with more confusion than the night before, and the days haven’t been bringing much relief from the confusion. The confusion stems from most aspects of life right now – volunteering, energy (see: matcha tea), work, health, and just life in general. I’m just glad it’s Friday and I can sleep in tomorrow. 🙂
- Currently Reading: This seems like a lame excuse, but I swear it’s legit – I’ve really upped my workouts this week, and my reading time has suffered because of it. By the time I slink into bed, my legs feel like they’re going to fall off, my back is sore, and my eyes have trouble staying open. My mind, however, is fully alert thanks to the matcha lattes I’ve been drinking… so even though I make it to bed by 11 and close my eyes shortly thereafter, I’ve found I’m still awake until 1:30-2 in the morning. No wonder I’m so confused these days. Anyway, I’m still working on Dark Places, and I only made about 10% progress this week. Further progress is dependent upon my on-call schedule, workouts, and work, and I’m okay with that. Priorities and whatnot. 🙂
- Currently Eating:
- Matcha. Erryday. So much energy. Crazypants. Until today, I’ve drank it exclusively as an iced latte, with coconut almond milk and a quick squirt of agave nectar. This morning, I tried it as hot tea with nothing added. It’s still good, and tastes way better than the green tea you get from tea bags, but I think I prefer the lattes.
- Bee pollen. I grabbed a bag out of curiosity at the Co-Op, but it’s actually pretty tasty. It tastes slightly sweet, and a little floral (which seems intuitive, but it surprised me nonetheless).
- Onion-flavored cashews. These are another Co-Op purchase, and they might tie with matcha as one of my new favorite things. I’ve been chowing down on them in the middle of workouts, after the treadmill and before the pool. I know that you’re supposed to look for carb-heavy snacks when doing long workouts, but these work for me. Without them, I feel like I’m starving about 15 minutes into my pool workout. With them, I’m able to finish 70 minutes on the treadmill + 45-50 minutes in the pool and almost make it home before I feel like I’m going to pass out. It’s a marked improvement. Also, the cashews are crazy delicious. Too bad I haven’t been able to find a cheaper version on Amazon… the Co-Op nuts are too “rich” for my blood to eat on a regular basis.
- Currently Craving: Rest. Like I said above, I’ve been going full-speed, balls-to-the-wall (can that apply to girls?) all week and I’m crazy-exhausted. So yeah, the main thing I’m craving is rest – both sleep and also just physically not moving for a little while.
I’m no longer craving fried fish, which is great. Since I’ve had such a green-centric week, I’ve refocused on veggies and now that’s what I’m craving. I got a decent-sized container of tabbouleh from Costco on Sunday, and made some couscous to “cut” it and make it last longer, but thanks to all the other food I made on Sunday, I haven’t opened it up yet. Right now, that’s the #1 food thing I’m craving – tabbouleh. Guess I know what I’m having for lunch!
- Currently Loving: Food-wise, see above for what I’m currently eating… it’s been an adventurous and awesome food week!
Otherwise, I found this story about a 90-year-old woman diagnosed with cancer who’s foregoing treatment to live the rest of her life to the fullest. What a bawse. How adorable and awesome is she??
And finally, as a 30 Rock fan, I feel compelled to share this. I found this on twitter a day or so ago and I literally laughed out loud when I read through it:
- Currently Anticipating: I have two on-call shifts this week, which will be #4 and #5 total… and I still haven’t been called out yet. That’s a good thing for sure, but I’m anxious to move on with my training. Maybe I’m secretly a good luck charm?
Saturday, I’m a solo bartender, which I’m kind of looking forward to. I’m hoping I can maybe make a little money, cause Costco trips don’t come cheap.
Also, one of my friends has been trying to meet up, and we have tentative plans for tonight or Sunday. Unfortunately, since I’m on-call both of those days, I can’t do anything that would require me being incommunicado (such as a movie), but we’re trying to figure something out. Based on my state of mind these days, I think time away from work and volunteer stuff would greatly benefit my well-being. 🙂
Have a great (and hopefully relaxing!) weekend, everyone!