It felt soooooo good to sleep in my own bed last night! I’m a very fussy sleeper, and sleeping in hotels (or anywhere that’s not my own house) means that I generally don’t get much sleep because I toss and turn all night. So even one night in a hotel, no matter how comfortable the king-sized bed, is enough to drive me a little crazy. My head was still racing when I got home last night, so it took a while to get to sleep, but man, I was OUT when I finally crashed.
In other news, I’ve been rocking my well-deserved margarita goggles all morning, which means that there’s glitter errywhere. This margarita champ is clearly not winning at the cleanup game (but that’s nothing new).
- Currently Reading: I made zero progress on Station Eleven this week – there was just too much going on. I’m hoping I get some time this weekend to play catch-up, but considering I have some volunteer stuff to do, I work on Saturday, I’m on-call for most of the weekend, and I promised the other bartender I’d finally watch a show he’s been talking about for the past year (and watch it before work on Saturday), the outlook is not good.
- Currently Eating: My own food, thank goodness. Our lunches and dinners at the Westin were actually really good, but far from healthy. And the breakfast… well, that was my chief complaint – someone (not me) chose the “light breakfast” option, which was comprised of muffins, danishes, rolls with butter and jelly, sugary juice, and coffee/tea. Both mornings I chose coffee and a roll (like a brioche, but shaped like a croissant, which was incredibly misleading) with no butter/jelly, and both mornings I was starving within a half hour of eating. I need some protein with my breakfast, but I would’ve even settled for some fresh fruit. A roll and coffee a good breakfast does not make. So I’m glad to be back home, where I can make egg white sandwiches and eat a healthy lunch and dinner if I so choose… or not. I really just like having the choice.
- Currently Craving: More sleep.
More action (volunteer action, that is… but I’ll take whatever comes my way). 😉
Also, I haven’t been to the pool since Monday thanks to the conference, so I’m craving some fast laps and kick board drills. I might not get to go tonight, but hopefully I’ll get there sometime over the next few days.
As much as I’m happy to be back in my own house, eating my own food, I wish someone would come cook it for me. I’d love to have someone come over, cook me a healthy dinner, serve it to me on the couch or in the hammock, and then leave. So basically, I’m craving being lazy but being fed and then left alone. Is that asking too much?
- Currently Loving: I thought this was cute. It’s nicer to think of than the mass shooting that happened way too close to my house and on a street I drive on every single day.
Another thing that made me laugh pretty hard was this video. Warning: if you’re offended by strong language, then this isn’t the video for you… but I thought it was a pretty funny and so did my friends.
In other news, a coworker said to me today, “I need my wubbie for this meeting. You are my wubbie.” And people wonder why I’m single… this is why. People compare me to a comforting blanket. Nothing says sexy like Linus from the Peanuts gang.
- Currently Anticipating: My boss set a meeting with me today to discuss 2016 compensation & bonus plans, and let’s just say I’m not disappointed… especially in the bonus. We get the bonus payouts on 3/15, so I’m anticipating blowing a whole lot of money the rest of the week. Wait, no, that’s a lie. 95% of the post-tax earnings will be going into savings… but that other 5%, woooohoooo, PARTY!
I have a weekend full of on-call scheduling, along with some meetings. This week I’m scheduled for about 30 hours of on-call, and then next week I’m scheduled for a whopping 40 hours + meetings. I’m excited. I’m hoping I actually get to go somewhere and do something while I’m on-call, but if nothing else, we have a monthly in-person meeting set for Thursday night and I’ll get the warm fuzzies from being there.
Also, in the category of things that shouldn’t make me happy but inexplicably do, the other regular bartender came back from vacation this week, and I’m hoping he’ll be in a good mood and I’ll get to hear all about his extended vacation on Saturday. I must say, though, I’ve had some very profitable weekends without him… hmm… Hopefully the trend continues.