Happy April Fool’s Day! No pranks on here; April Fool’s is just another day as far as I’m concerned. But hey, happy first day of April. We’re slowly but surely cruising towards consistently warmer weather, and that makes me happy.
Another thing making me happy – look at those dirty boys in the picture! Tank and Taco went to doggie daycare yesterday, and apparently they had a grand ole time. Taco loves a good mud puddle, and Tank follows Taco like a… well… So yeah, they were both nearly unrecognizable. When I saw the pictures on Facebook (there were 2 pics), I sent an email to my mom all, “Umm… are these yours?” And my dad publicly disowned them on Facebook… but he was the one who had to go pick them up from daycare, so we can’t really blame him. 🙂 The picture makes me giggle every time I look at it, though. Taco’s face, man. It’s like he’s surprised and ashamed all at once. Like he knew the picture was going to go on FB for the world to see, and he was caught in the act. And Tank, well, he’s just being his usual happy-go-lucky self. Goobers. 🙂
- Currently Reading: Still Station Eleven, but I made some decent progress this week. I’m finally over halfway through. If I can keep up my pace over the last few nights, I might be able to come close to finishing by next week at this time… but of course that’s dependent upon many different factors.
- Currently Eating: Smoked salmon, like it’s my job. I’m also still working my way through Easter leftovers and chocolate silk cake leftovers from Monday’s business lunch. What I didn’t realize on Easter is that our family dinner would basically kick off a month of excessive desserts – desserts from Easter, work events, birthday month events, and some other random things. I have so many different dessert-type things in my house right now that just thinking of them all makes my teeth hurt. It’s a good hurt, though. 🙂
- Currently Craving: I still have not gotten my dang Caliente pizza. I don’t have high hopes for having it this weekend, either. I’d love to, but I just don’t see it happening. Other than pizza, I’m hoping to get out of my smoked salmon rut… it’s like that’s all I want to eat these days, and I can’t figure out why. Definitely not craving sweets, though, which is ironic given the ridiculous amount of them in my fridge and freezer.
- Currently Loving: Pictures of muddy puppies, obviously.
I found this information about donating to charities via your Amazon purchases, and I thought it was really interesting. I’ve been doing Amazon Smile for years, but I didn’t realize there was another way to go in addition to the Smile program.
Unfortunately (or fortunately?), it’s been a rather busy week and I’m short on fun internet things today. Maybe next week I’ll have better luck. 🙂
- Currently Anticipating: Really, the only things I’m looking forward to this weekend are my on-call shifts. Last weekend was pretty busy call-wise, and it was AWESOME. I’m hoping for more of the same this weekend.
I have to work both Saturday night AND Sunday morning… and I have to be at work Sunday morning long before I’m usually at work for my full-time job. This, after probably a late night on Saturday. I hate to say it, but I’m kind of not looking forward to all this at all. I haven’t been sleeping so well lately, and I get the feeling that I’m finally going to want to crash on Saturday night, but then I’ll only have a couple hours before going back to work. Gross.
But back to the good things! I’m on-call tonight, and even if nothing exciting happens, I’ll maybe have a little time to chill out. I’m going to try to go to the gym early (just in case I do get called in), and then I have some big plans to clean the house a little. I’ve found that’s my go-to on-call activity – in lieu of getting sucked into a Netflix show and having to leave partway through, I clean instead. And if I’m cleaning, I’m usually extra-super excited for any excuse to leave the house. 😉
Happy weekend, kids. Hope yours is not full of work. 🙂