Hola, friends. We made it to Friday. There was a point within this past week where I wasn’t certain it would come, but here we are, and none too soon. Thank goodness.
- Currently Reading: Huzzzah! I’ve finally finished Station Eleven! Part of me had hoped that the ending would reveal it was all a dream or something, but nope. It was a pretty interesting book, and strangely thought-provoking. It describes a post-apocalyptic type of situation that seems way too possible, and if I’m being completely transparent, it kind of freaked me out. It made me wonder: if this sort of thing does actually happen (and I believe it could), would I actually want to be one of the survivors? I’m honestly not sure. Lots of food for thought in this book.
I’m still working on picking out my next book, but I’m trying for some light, quick reading this time around. “Beach reading,” if you will. You’ll see why when we get to Currently Anticipating. 🙂
- Currently Eating: Shhhhhhh. Don’t tell anyone, but I’m taking Beer Friday one step further at home. I grabbed a can of Coke Zero that I brought home from work and I maybe sorta kinda added some Captain Morgan to it. At noon. Hey, at least I waited that long. Given the week I’ve had (including this morning), it’s a miracle I didn’t drink my breakfast. The way I figure it is, this is probably the only time all weekend that I won’t be on-call, and if I were actually in the office today, I’d be allowed to grab as many beers as I could handle at 3pm. I’m starting Captain Friday a little earlier than Beer Friday, but in all likelihood, I’m stopping at just one 1-oz pour (so I can “sober up” in time to hit the gym before I’m on-call). I’m hardly getting drunk off of one ounce. BUT, I will say that I feel more relaxed right now than I’ve felt all week. Vive le capitaine!
- Currently Craving: OMG SOMEONE GIVE ME PIZZA so I can stop talking about it. My laziness really seems to screw me over more often than not. I have money to get pizza. I have transportation to get pizza. I even have the time to get pizza this weekend. But I seem to have made a deal with myself that I’ll only go get it if I get called out to a disaster over the weekend and we finish up while Caliente’s kitchen is still open. So far, the stars have not aligned and my belly has remained sadly devoid of all doughy, tomatoey goodness. So I’m pleading to you, Universe: Please let there be a disaster tonight, and let us finish up early so I can get my pizza and stop my whining. PLEASE. The little sanity I have left after this week depends on it.
- Currently Loving: Captain Morgan. Haha. My gosh, I should do this every day. (But that would probably be considered a problem.)
I’ll be straight with y’all, it has not been the greatest week ever. There’s not much I’m loving about it. Lots of things I’m anticipating, though!
- Currently Anticipating: Where do I start?
A. First off, FriYAY! I’m anticipating not even checking my emails for my full-time job this weekend. I am OVER this week. Dear Work: next week you better come correct!
B. It’s a No Work Weekend! I know, that sounds redundant based on the last point, but what I mean is, we don’t have any events at my second job this weekend, so I’m 100% free from work commitments for a couple days. The timing really could not have been better. 🙂
C. I’m on-call literally alllllllllll weekend long. Like, every shift of every day, until 6am on Monday. If I get through this weekend without a single call, I’m going to be very sad. Based on this past week, my luck is that there will be no calls all weekend, and then there will be a text at 8am Monday. Sigh. But I do love the possibility of being available for every single disaster call that might come in this weekend.
D. I’m taking a vacation day on Tuesday in order to spend all the live-long day in the Red Cross office. I’ve wanted to do this for a super-long time, but last weekend’s terrifying work event spurred me into action: I’m taking an all-day Adult & Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED training to get certified on Tuesday. Thanks to all the work I’ve been doing with the ARC, I get to take the class for free; all I have to do is take the day off work in order to make the time. And since I have more than enough vacation this year and I haven’t taken any of it to-date, I was a-ok with doing that. I’m stupid-excited for this class. I can’t wait to get through it and then maybe have a chance to use it. Considering I seem to find trouble wherever I go, I think there’s a good shot that I’ll be able to remain “current” with it. Seriously, though. SO. EXCITED.
E. I’m really only working Monday and Wednesday of next week. That’s because…
F. I’m leaving the country again! We’re taking another all-inclusive family vacation, and I’m actually pretty excited about it. We’re going back to Punta Cana, even though I didn’t have the greatest experience there the first time around. I’m hopeful that this time will be better, though, and all because of one simple change: I’m not sharing a room with my parents this time. Last time I went to Punta Cana with both of my parents, there was a little too much family togetherness, and I was ticked that I paid the same amount as my parents but I was stuck “sleeping” (or really, not sleeping at all for 3 nights) on the pull-out bed. I was not a happy camper. This time, one of my cousins is taking a break from her husband and kids and going with us, so we’re going to share a room. That means that 1) I might be on my own a lot more (which I generally prefer), 2) I’ll have someone to hang out with that’s not my parents (though they really are my two favorite people… it’s just too much togetherness = crankiness sometimes), and 3) I won’t have to listen to my dad snore all night. Besides, Krissy (my cousin) is beyond excited to go… and it’s always fun to go with people who are super excited. 🙂
So that’s it for this week. Just a few more hours of the insanity, and then I’m dedicated to being on-call and pursuing pizza.
Happy weekend, kids!