Hayyyy. It’s Friday. I’m home. I got to sleep last night. I’m a relatively happy girl. Now if only people would leave me alone so I could catch up on some work today… 🙂
- Currently Reading: I didn’t get a chance to read at all this week, so I’m still hanging out at the beginning of Eligible. Merp.
- Currently Eating: I had the forethought to grab a ham & cheese croissant from François Payard Bakery before leaving NYC, so that’s what I’ve been picking at for breakfast this morning. It got smushed in my bag, but it still tasted wonderful. The rest of this weekend I’ll be chowing down on NYC leftovers, which is kind of a great way to kick off a weekend. 🙂
- Currently Craving: I could really go for a salad, or something healthy – I feel like I’ve eaten nothing but crap all week (which, I have). It was definitely worth it to taste some of the best that NYC has to offer, but I’m happy to get back to reality and normal eating habits next week. But before then, Mother’s Day… which means more restaurants. It’s a hard life I lead. 😉
- Currently Loving: Being HOME! My bed at the Courtyard Manhattan/SoHo was nice and comfortable, and I actually slept a decent amount all week (amazing for me – I never sleep in hotels!), but there is just nothing like your own bed and pillow. Also, I only had a shower in my hotel room, and I’m a bath junkie, so it was nice to take a long hot bath once I got home last night.
In puppy news, this adorable tub-of-lard went to the vet for a checkup yesterday and he’s officially being put on a diet. He now weighs 82 lbs, but the vet would like to see him in the mid-70s. That doesn’t sound too difficult, right? Except he has a reputation for stealing Taco’s food…
- Currently Anticipating: I agreed to help with a couple initiatives at the ARC last night, so I’m looking forward to getting started on those. Over the next few months, I’m going to be learning how to orient new volunteers to our program, and then I’m also working on creating some recorded training sessions for how to do some things. Someone asked for an in-person training on our mobile activation app, and I suggested it be recorded for those of us who can’t make Saturday afternoon training sessions. At that point, since I was tired, I kept on talking and now it looks like I’m going to be doing the training. Surprisingly, I’m cool with that.
It’s another exciting weekend of being on-call; I think I’m scheduled for almost every minute that I’m not working. I’d originally been on the schedule for all day and night on Sunday, but then I realized it’s Mother’s Day… so I now have a 6-hr window free where I’ll be hanging with my peeps and dawgs. 🙂
It’s been a crazy and intense week, but the hard part is over. Now I need to get my head in the game for my volunteer shifts… Welcome to my favorite part of the week. 🙂