First things first, an update on the ole hand. Leftover painkillers did a nice job last night, and I was able to sleep without much incident. The appropriate volunteer contacts got in touch, so I was taken off the schedule for the night, so no harm there. But this morning, I was in a ton of pain, the hand was still swollen and heavily bruised, and just existing was painful – I didn’t even need to touch it for it to hurt. So, I weighed my options and then headed to UPMC Urgent Care. One quick thought about that: I’ll go there instead of MedExpress from now on, because they were 1,000 times nicer.
They took x-rays, checked them out, consulted with an orthopedic surgeon in McKeesport, and came to the conclusion that the results are inconclusive. Either I have a break, or there’s a blood vessel running through my bone; they can’t be sure. Either way, I’m in a splint for the next week and on painkillers. If it hurts as much or more after a week, I have a referral to an ortho. FUN TIMES. I’m really excited to see how I’m going to bartend with a splint on. Should be a trip.
- Currently Reading: Still on Eligible. It’s good, and an easy read; my problem is finding the time to devote to it. Now that painkillers are involved, expect to see me crashed at like 8pm every night.
- Currently Eating: We had one of my favorites for lunch on Wednesday, Salem’s. I made sure to stock up before leaving, so I have some leftovers to eat. NOMS.
I also made some cacio e pepe the other day, so I’ve been chowing down on those leftovers.
Sadly, all of my NYC foods have been eaten.
- Currently Craving: Gooey chocolate cake for some reason. Or pizza. Maybe cake and pizza. I’m a mix of pained emotions right now (har har), so I’m not sure what I want.
- Currently Loving: This was too cute. That would be Taco, if he was ever left to his own devices outside. He loves daycare. Tank does, too, but I’m pretty sure doggy daycare is the only time Taco gets to escape Tank for a few minutes.
Also, I came across the sign below while driving between the urgent care center and CVS to pick up my pain meds. Good news, everyone! Elvis is alive and he’s going to be in concert at the Monroeville Convention Center TONIGHT!
- Currently Anticipating: Well, until last night, I was anticipating a lot of volunteer stuff this weekend. I was scheduled to be on call for most of the weekend… but now they’ve taken me off for tonight, overnight, and tomorrow as well. I’m currently in the process of begging them to allow me to stay on this evening. I don’t know what I’ll do with myself if I have no plans.
Tomorrow (all weekend, really, but just tomorrow for me), we have a disaster training institute happening in Slippery Rock. I’m signed up to attend the one remaining class I need in order to “move up.” I’m excited to take this class, and excited to check out the institute (it’s the first year they’re doing this), but I’m not looking forward to driving to SRU early in the morning, sitting through 4 hours of class, then driving directly to work. And now, with the hand, driving is slightly more difficult… and taking notes is going to be interesting… blergh.
And as mentioned above, I’m curious about how work is going to go down when I can’t currently hold anything in my right hand, nor apply any pressure to it. Something tells me I’m going to be a very slow bartender tomorrow.
That’s about it. Happy weekend-ing, everyone!