I’m not sure if it’s because I’m just a hot mess at life, or if it’s because gnomes come into my house once a week and steal them, but I seem to lose a pair of headphones nearly every week. Not good, expensive headphones, mind you, but the kind that comes with an iPhone. So far I’ve had to order about 10 new pairs off of Amazon, and all the ones that disappear are never found again. Like, I’ve never searched the pockets of a jacket I wore last fall and found a pair of them, the way I often find lip balm. The headphones simply vanish. Last weekend I realized I only had one (broken) pair left in my possession, so I ordered 2 new pairs from Amazon. They came yesterday in packaging that reads “Strereo Earphones.” CLOSE ENOUGH.
(To be fair, when I used a pair of them at the gym last night, they worked like a dream. Strereo Earphones for the win!)
- Currently Reading: I’m still working my way through You May Also Like: Taste in an Age of Endless Choice. I have just under 60 pages to go, and it’s due back at the library on Monday. Eeek! Better get reading!
- Currently Eating: Gravy fries and pulled pork from the Memorial Day picnic (I froze it; it’s not just really old food). I also have my Friday essential at my side – a Captain Morgan and Coke Zero. TGIF. For reals. I couldn’t handle another day of this work week.
- Currently Craving: Time off. Sleep. More ice cream from Page’s. Peace and quiet on the work front (and on the volunteer front, if I’m being totally honest). And more sand volleyball.
- Currently Loving: Sand volleyball. Gosh darnit, I thought I was going to escape the sand volleyball bug that bites me every year, but NOPE. All day yesterday, I was sort of dreading our first sand game. Mainly because I was afraid of how my hand would feel – I touched a volleyball only once since the possible/probable break, and it was excruciating. I was terrified that I’d end up crying in public. I also didn’t want to go because I’ve gotten reacquainted with setting my own schedule over the past month, and I like my freedom; I hate having to be somewhere on a regular basis after work hours. However, as soon as I stepped foot in the sand last night, it was like I had arrived back home. I love it soooooo much. I love the feel of it, I love the extra “challenge” involved with it, I love seeing my team and former teammates and opponents, and I just love everything about it. As for my hand, it held up for the most part. The first couple times I hit the ball were iffy, and I needed some time to practice serving again before I felt comfortable, but it went okay in general. It really started to hurt towards the beginning of the third game, and at the end, it was painful enough for me to take some pain meds when I got home. That said, if it only hurts for 20 minutes a week, I’m willing to live with that.
In puppy news, apparently Tank got into trouble at doggy daycare yesterday. He has a bit of a reputation for being a bully, but they let him out to play with the “main population” yesterday. (To which I said to my mom, “Gen Pop, mom. They put him in Gen Pop. You may as well get used to prison terms when dealing with him.”) Well, he allegedly instigated a scuffle with a rottweiler, and he was placed in solitary confinement for the rest of the day. Oh, Tank. You little jailbird, you.
- Currently Anticipating: I don’t know, really. I want to say I’m anticipating a fun weekend, but I’m kind of worn out. I haven’t slept more than 3 hours all week, which has not been fun. I’d like to say I’ll sleep tonight, but it’s unlikely. I’m on the volunteer schedule all weekend, but I’m having a ‘meh’ relationship with it right now… for reasons I obviously won’t be elaborating on. And then tomorrow we have a wedding at work, so I’ll be slinging drinks all night. The one thing I do have to look forward to is the weekend after next – Fourth of July weekend. Not only do I not have to work that weekend, but I’m also invited to a family friend’s picnic and they always have awesome food. And then that Monday is a day off of full-time work – HALLELUJAH!
I think I’m even off the weekend after that… which leads back to my vacation-planning venture. I still haven’t picked a place to go yet, and I don’t even know if I will go anywhere, but I like the idea of it. Finding time to plan a trip, though? That’s the hard part. Time seems to be in high demand these days.
That’s it for me this week. Have a great weekend, everyone! 🙂