This summer is going by way faster than I’d like it to, but doesn’t it always go that way? Winter seems to drag on forever, but summer is over in two seconds. It’s just not fair.
- Currently Reading: I know I was planning on getting through You May Also Like this past week, but I renewed it from the library and I haven’t had much of a chance to finish it up this week. Granted, I only have about 15 pages left in it, but 15 nonfiction pages seem to take 3 times longer to read than 15 fiction pages. In any case, provided we don’t have a crazy volunteer night tonight, I’ll probably be finishing it up before bed. After that, I’m not sure what’s next. Maybe I’ll be able to hit up the library either today or tomorrow to get something new; otherwise, it’s back to the Kindle for me.
- Currently Eating: Every summer, I get into this weird phase where nothing sounds good and I don’t want to waste my time cooking and eating. It’s like the warmer weather takes away my appetite, or maybe it’s just that there are so many other awesome things to do that food isn’t at the forefront of my mind. As of last night, it looks like this phase has started. I skipped my afternoon snack and I was hungry during volleyball, but I didn’t know what I wanted to eat. When I got home, I got a shower and did some cleaning and vacation research before I even bothered trying to find something to eat. In the end, I settled on a Boca chicken pattie and frozen french fries. Neither held much appeal, other than filling my belly. And now, I’m at the point in the day where I’m usually starting to get hungry and bored, but I can think of a bajillion other things I’d rather do than make lunch. Maybe I’m just too lazy to scavenge? I don’t know, but it’s weird not being preoccupied by food.
- Currently Craving: See above – nothing. I am heading to a picnic tomorrow, so I guess I’m looking forward to all the good food that’s usually there, but I’m not really craving anything. I don’t even want pizza or ice cream. What on earth is wrong with me?
- Currently Loving: FREEDOM!!!! Not in the 4th of July/Independence Day/Yay #Murica type of way (which, sure, is great), but in the I HAVE TIME OFF FROM WORK type of way. I started work early today and my afternoon calls were moved to the morning. Aside from submitting my timesheet, I technically have nothing I need to do. I have things that I should do for work, but if they don’t get done today it won’t be a big deal. So. Methinks I’ll be cutting out a little early today. I’ve been looking forward to heading back to Planet Fitness for the trampoline/medicine ball contraption since I left on Tuesday, so that’s going to be my first order of business when I leave. Something tells me normal people don’t get this excited about going to the gym.
If you want an idea for a cool workout, check out how James Harrison plays volleyball. Personally, if I were a ref, I’d call him on carrying the ball, but he could crush me with his thumb and pinkie, so I’d probably keep quiet. Still, though, how much fun does that look?! I think my team should implement medicine balls as a practice tool. Maybe we’d actually win a game or two if we did. 😉
- Currently Anticipating: First and foremost, I plan on seeing my fur-bros tomorrow! When I asked my mom for a picture of them today, she replied, “They’re better in person.” While I believe they’re both quite handsome in pictures, she has a point, and it’s been a month since I’ve seen them. She did send the picture above, though, and Tank looks like he’s been possessed by the devil. That seems about right. #DevilDog
Get ready, Taco and Tank, your sister is coming to town!
As I mentioned above, I’m pretty excited about the picnic I’m going to tomorrow. I go every year I don’t have to work, and the stars aligned for this year. They always have great food at this picnic, and it’s almost like a continuation of the Memorial Day picnic at my parents’ house. Hopefully I’ll have enough of an appetite to enjoy all the goodies!
I’m thisclose to booking a vacation over the next couple weeks, but I’m still having trouble deciding where to go. My front-runners include Vancouver, Missouri/Kansas, and Denver. Initially I was leaning towards Missouri/Kansas for the BBQ, but then I read about all the awesome foods in Denver. And then last night, I researched all the cool activities I could do in Vancouver. San Diego was also high on the list, but I feel like I’ll have a good shot of going there for work someday, so I’m holding off for now (why pay for it myself when work can pay for it). Right now I’ve moved on to the pricing stage, which means actually booking something is next. Who knows, with how indecisive I am, I may just wind up staying in Pittsburgh.
Happy 4th of July weekend, everyone, and stay safe!