Happy Friday, friends. We made it through yet another week (huzzah)!
I finally made a decision on a vacation spot, and I’m rocking a half day from work in order to get myself to the airport on time. Driving through two tunnels is always so much fun during the day (ugh)… but soon enough I won’t have to deal with traffic for nearly a full week!
- Currently Reading: I did good this week! I finished up You May Also Like, and then finished a second book, Landline by Rainbow Rowell. Obviously, Landline was a quick, easy read. I liked it a lot, but it was a little confusing, and I felt the ending could have been better (and more explanatory). But overall, it was a nice change of pace.
- Currently Eating: I’ve been trying to rid the fridge of perishables this week since booking my trip on Tuesday. I think I may have timed it juuuuust right, though – I have enough food for lunch, plus fixins for a sandwich to take with me to the airport for dinner. It’s going to be a long evening/night of travel, so I might need to grab a couple snacks, but otherwise I should be good to go. The goal is to spend the majority of my food money at my destination and not in airports. 🙂
- Currently Craving: Sushi. Waffles. Ice cream. Pho. Meat on a stick. Fried chicken. Basically, all the things I’ve seen on the internet over the last few days while doing my research.
- Currently Loving: The fact that I finally made a decision and booked a trip. I’m so indecisive about these things – it’s like I know I’ll have a blast wherever I go, but I always feel like I’m missing out by picking one place over another. This time around, I let AirBnB do the decision work for me – I requested an apartment in two cities and went with the one whose owner got back to me first. Add to that a Name Your Own Price Priceline flight (saved 43%!), and I’m hoping this trip won’t be nearly as expensive as it could have been. So yeah, I’m loving my thriftiness. Why pay $500+ more for a vacation when you don’t need to?
- Currently Anticipating: Exploring a new-to-me place! Eating lots of food! Breathing in mountain air! Maybe even hiking mountains! Not working! Having another entire weekend off of work when I get back! SO MUCH GOOD STUFF!
More to come over the next few days, provided I get some decent wifi in my rental apartment. Have a great weekend, everyone! 🙂