Where have you gone, September? Seriously, we’re at the last day?! That’s crazy! It was just July! I don’t like how fast this year is moving… or rather, I don’t like how fast the warm weather is slipping away.
Thanks to some Tylenol PM, I had a monster sleep session last night/this morning, and I feel a bit better than I did last night. I still don’t feel great – I’m sore all over and I still have a gigantic headache – but so far today I haven’t felt like I’m going to puke. That’s progress. I do, however, want to stay in my comfy cozy bed alllll day. I might need to move my meetings to the bed.
- Currently Reading: Still – yes, still – working on Why We Get Fat. It started off as a fairly easy, interesting read, and then this week I got to the medical-like part of it that makes my brain hurt. Add to that the gigantic headache, and I’m just not interested in the slightest. That’s not to say I’m not going to finish it – I will, and hopefully by the end of next week – but I’m slogging through it right now.
I also have an insane amount of magazines to get through. I received notice a month ago or so that my airline miles were going to expire, so I used them to purchase some magazines. I didn’t quite realize that some of them were bundled, so now I’m regularly receiving like 7 magazines each month. Honestly, I can’t keep up with all this. The one good thing about the weather getting cold is that I’ll be heading back into the sauna and/or steam room at the gym, so at least I’ll have something to read while I’m in there.
- Currently Eating: Right now, just coffee. I’m afraid to risk food at the moment.
This week, though, I thoroughly enjoyed cauliflower crust pizza, zucchini/pepper/onion/cabbage/chicken stir-fry, and zucchini oatless “oats.” To be fair, I’m thinking that the lower-carb meals are screwing with my body, and that’s at least part of the reason why I feel like death. On the other hand, hellooooo grilled cheese last night. It’s not really my intention to go low-carb; I was testing recipes for my mom, but I’m sure it wouldn’t be the worst idea to cut down on them a little. And considering the meals that I made this week, it wouldn’t be too hard – the meals were yummy (for the most part).
I’m expecting to have my leftover grilled cheese and chips for lunch today, so hopefully that isn’t what made me feel awful. (Eek!)
- Currently Craving: More sleep, and/or more time in bed (they generally go hand-in-hand).
For the first time in a long time, I’m craving being useful at a fire this weekend. I think it’s been a month since I’ve gone out to a fire – I’ve had a few false alarms and I’ve been doing a lot of other work outside of physically going to fires, but it’s been way too long since I’ve had a chance to go anywhere. That’s great for the people of Pittsburgh, but I’m starting to miss it. I think I probably needed a little break (even if I didn’t intend to take one), but now I’ve had one and I’m ready to jump back in.
Not craving any food thanks to the death-feeling.
- Currently Loving: I was supposed to go to Providence, RI next week for work, but I managed to get out of the travel. I still have to attend the meetings virtually, but I won’t have to physically be on-site. Not that I typically mind traveling – I usually love it – but I’m starting to feel a little run-down. So I’m loving that I can do my job remotely if I need to.
I’m also loving/anticipating that I might have my Little match for BBBS! I got an email earlier this week informing me of a potential match, and so far, the kid sounds awesome! I still need to learn more about her, and her family needs to sign off on me, but it’s looking good. With luck, I might officially have my Little soon. 🙂
- Currently Anticipating: Monday officially starts our Month of Service at work, and I’ve been put in charge of two events. One of those events is happening Wednesday – our RC volunteer coordinator is visiting my office to give more info to our employees on the different volunteer opportunities available. I’m excited for my work life and my volunteer life to collide. 🙂
Last night at our happy hour, my boss’s boss said to me, “I’d like for our team to do more service-oriented things – either individually or as a team.” At which point, I launched into the RC work I do, and the BBBS stuff I’m starting to do, and tried to get him on-board with one of those organizations. He wasn’t really interested, but I’m not quite sure what he’s expecting. I’m a little worried that I’m going to be put in charge of more stuff – and while that’s great, see above where I said I’m starting to feel run-down. After 10 months of go-go-go, that’s only natural, I assume. In fact, most people expected me to burn out by March. Here we are, nearly in October, and I’m still going [mostly] strong. But yeah, I’m anticipating – whether good or bad – that I’ll be heading up some more volunteer opportunities in the near future.
Finally, I’m anticipating having Sunday morning/afternoon completely off from everything. I won’t be traveling to see the puppies (they’re at the dog-spa this weekend), and I might just be content with staying home and resting. Only time will tell.
Happy Friday, all! Hope you have a restful weekend!