Awww yeah. Bacon on a Friday morning. What better way to get your head back in the game after too many margaritas the night before.
Speaking of, bye, metabolism. Seems I’ve reached that magical age where my body suddenly decides to stop processing alcohol mid-way through the evening and I end up tossing and turning all night and feel horrible the next day. This getting old stuff is absolute nonsense.
- Currently Reading: I’m considering giving up on Wheat Belly Total Health, just because I don’t seem to have any time these days. I feel like I’ve learned a lot from what I’ve read so far, but it’s hard for me to get into and think about when I’ve had a tough day… and this week has been full of tough (but good) days. The last thing I want to do when I’m exhausted is think, ya know? Plus, it’s due back at the library this weekend… so I guess we’ll see. But very little progress has been made this week.
- Currently Eating: Clearly, I made bacon for breakfast today. That makes me happy. 🙂 I also “recycled” some bacon grease today, in a new (to me) way – I have this Costco rotisserie chicken I’ve been making my way through and I’ve noticed that while it was nice and juicy the night I bought it, it dries out quickly in the microwave. Today for lunch, I smeared a bit of bacon grease on the carved chicken and then threw the plate in the microwave. When it came out, BOOM, perfectly juicy chicken. So. Bacon grease… the cure for dry chicken. 🙂
- Currently Craving: Gah. More time with volunteers. Honestly, hanging out with really good people is like the best drug ever. It’s a little weird.
Also craving a couple days off from work – things have been good, but rather insane. I don’t hate the idea of not working for two days straight.
- Currently Loving: First off, the weather is fantastic today. I know it’s supposed to cool down quickly this weekend, but today is awesome.
My parents are coming to town tonight for Light Up Night, so I’ll get to see them. I was supposed to be on-call, but when they told me they were coming, I was able to get off the schedule. I don’t love the idea of Light Up Night because I detest crowds (and Light Up Night is on-par with First Night [New Year’s Eve] crowds), but I’ll be happy to see my peeps. Wish they’d bring puppies with them, but that’s not feasible.
- Currently Anticipating: So many things!
- Most obviously, I’m excited for a night off from everything tonight.
- Also excited for work tomorrow – it’s payday, and I’m hopeful we get lots of tips to supplement our checks.
- Not really a happy thing, and “anticipating” is a little too joyful, but a former coworker passed away suddenly a couple days ago. There’s going to be a traditional visitation for family, but her friends/coworkers have been invited to an “Irish wake” on Sunday evening. I last spoke to this person probably 4 years ago (or more), so I’m on the fence about attending. There’s a large group of people at my current job who came from the same company and we all worked with this person… so if I can get some people to go with me, I might go. Like I said, not really something to “anticipate,” but if I go, it’ll be nice to see some old familiar faces (even if it’s under terrible circumstances).
- Back to happy stuff, there are only 3 work days next week.
- Thanksgiving!! All bets are off, food-wise, for Turkey Day (really, turkey weekend). Give me all the pecan pie! 🙂
- Black Friday! My mom and I are taking an overnight trip to use up a hotel room I received as a gift, so we’ll be heading to Ohio to shop till we drop, maybe catch a movie, and then collapse into a hotel bed before driving back home. I’m excited to get away from everything.
That’s it for me this week! Have a great weekend!