Happy first Friday of 2017!
My re-integration into the working class hasn’t been so bad, or at least it’s been easier than expected. Having Monday off helped, and working from home Wednesday and today didn’t hurt matters either. Thank goodness for the ability to work from home when I’m snowed in. Today I’ve realized there are several reasons why I’m thankful for the job I have, but working from home is definitely one of my favorite reasons to be grateful. 🙂
- Currently Reading: Still working on God is Disappointed in You. I was about halfway through last week at this time, but I’ve been extra-tired this week and I haven’t had as much time to read before conking out for the night. I’m about 3/4 through at this point, so hopefully I’ll make it through before next week.
- Currently Eating: No more pecan pie. 😦 No more leftovers at all, in fact. I finished up the last of them yesterday for lunch, so it’s back to eating normally for me. That means lots of vegetables, some meat, some fruit, some cheese, and very little (if any) grain-based foods. I’m actually kind of happy to be back to normal – I had a day or two this past week where I ate something and then felt awful for hours afterwards. I don’t really have that problem normally, so I’m hopeful I won’t experience it anymore now that I’m back to regular eating.
- Currently Watching: I finished Stranger Things earlier in the week, and really liked the ending. What a talented group of kids! I also gave up on watching The Dick Van Dyke Show, just because I wasn’t really enjoying it. Once Stranger Things was done, I started in on season 2 of Fuller House, which I kind of hate, but it’s “easy” watching that doesn’t require me to think. I’ve also started season 4 of Shameless on Netflix, for those long treadmill sessions. Think of how much time all these shows take up, and you’ll have an idea how much time I’ve spent at the gym this week. No wonder I’m so tired and my legs are so sore.
- Currently Loving: Part of the reason I’m spending so much time in the gym is not to get in shape, but to keep warm. I’ve mentioned this before, but my house seems to have very little insulation, so even keeping the furnace set at 52 degrees means that the furnace is constantly running. Some day, when I win the lottery, I’ll figure out how to add insulation (or tear the dang thing down entirely). Until then, I go to the gym to keep warm. But when it’s time to head home, there are tricks to keep me warmer than 52 degrees, and those tricks involve Cuddlduds. Specifically, these ones. Honestly, for only $10 at Walmart, they’re amazing and they’re the best purchase I’ve made in months. Definitely the #1 thing I’ve been loving this week, by far.
- Currently Anticipating: We were supposed to have this weekend off from work, but it turns out we have an event. I’m actually okay with that, mostly since I would like to replenish my savings after the holiday splurges.
We also have our second job’s holiday party next week, on Wednesday. Since we’re in the service industry, we don’t have time to have the party during the official holiday season, so ours is always later. It involves a full open bar and lots of food, though, so it’s always one of the highlights of the year. I’m a little disappointed in the timing, but only because there’s a volunteer orientation that same night and I’ll have to miss it. I offered to come in anyway, but I was told to keep away since I won’t really be coherent. 😉
I already have 1.5 days scheduled off this month, so that’s awesome. They’re not until the week after next, and they’re for oral surgery, but I’m excited about the time off anyway. I also have the opportunity to take the rest of that week off for a volunteer trip, but I’m not sure just yet if I want to do that right after having surgery. On the plus side, my boss and I discussed it yesterday, and he’s on-board with me taking the time off if I want to… and he even reminded me that I can take a half day off each quarter for volunteer activities. Verrrrry interesting, I’d totally forgotten about that. I can think of a few ways to use that time up every quarter!
I’m also anticipating hanging out with Little this weekend, but her mom hasn’t confirmed the day and time yet. I have a feeling our next outing will get pushed to next week.
That’s it for this week. Happy Friday all, and stay warm!