It. Is. Freaking. GORGEOUS out there today, Pittsburgh peeps. I know we’re going to pay for this awesomeness in the long term, but for right now, get out there and take a walk or just do something outside. I just came back from a 2-hr long walk that was completely necessary in order for me to 1) enjoy the weather and 2) work off some (read: LOTS OF) nervous energy. I’ve felt sick all morning long due to emails I’ve received that may or may not have something to do with the interview (it sucks when you’re in the circle just enough to know something might be happening, but not enough to actually ask questions), and because I’m just generally really anxious about this process. It would be a different story if the outcome of this interview would only change my life a little, but its impact could be enormous. Hence, I’m appropriately nervous.
BUT, in just a few short hours, it will be out of my hands and I can go about the rest of my day enjoying the amazingness that is 75 degrees and sunny weather in late February. ❤
- Currently Reading: I finished Sweetbitter and moved on to The Vacationers. I freaking LOVE The Vacationers! I can’t explain why without sounding like a complete nutjob, but I’ve been loving it and reading it in every moment of my spare time. It’s the first book I’ve read by Emma Straub, but I can guarantee it won’t be my last.
- Currently Eating: We had DiBella’s yesterday, and if there’s one thing I can’t resist, it’s a half of a Godfather sub. So I had a “cheat lunch” yesterday, and I’m having a “cheat dinner” tonight – I have plans to meet up with a friend at The Vandal in Lawrenceville. Didn’t realize they’re BYOB, and after this whole interview process I’m going to need a drink, so if I can manage to make it to Lawrenceville early, I’ll be grabbing a drink (or two) somewhere. I’ve heard great things about The Vandal, though, so I’m cautiously optimistic. And besides, it’s obvious I’m pretty tightly wound after these last few weeks – I could use a night off without responsibilities.
- Currently Watching: I finished season 2 of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, and then watched all of the new season of Gilmore Girls on Netflix (finally, I know). I finished that this morning, so I’m kind of at a loss for what I might watch when I get home tonight. Maybe I’ll just read instead?
- Currently Loving: OMG. If you do nothing else that makes you feel warm and fuzzy today, please please PLEASE check out the WeRateDogs twitter account. I’m completely obsessed, and it makes me giggle every time I read through it. I love it so much!
- Currently Anticipating: 3pm and 4pm. Finding out whether life is going to drastically change or stay the same. Finding out the answers to the emails that tripped me up this morning. Dinner at The Vandal. Work tomorrow. Beautiful weather. In short, lots of things I’m anticipating and have little control over. 😉
Happy weekend, folks! I hope you the weather is amazing where you are and that you get to enjoy it while it lasts. 🙂 ❤