How long does cold medicine stay in your system? I took one cold pill (Coricidin) and one Tylenol PM last night at around 10:30, and so far today my body hasn’t stopped vibrating from the mix of medication and caffeine. I haven’t taken any medication since then and I had my normal one cup of regular coffee + 1 cup of decaf, and I find it hard to believe that the meds would still be affecting me over 12 hours later, but omgicantstopshaking. I almost think I’d rather have a worse sore throat/swollen glands/congestion than be so jittery. This is making me downright nuts.
- Currently Reading: I finished The Vacationers and immediately got another Emma Straub book, Modern Lovers. I don’t love it as much as The Vacationers, but that’s because I don’t like the plot quite as much. I still really like it, though, and I appreciate that Straub’s writing is so easy to read. Reading her books takes about the same amount of brain activity as watching Crazy Ex-Girlfriend on Netflix, and I mean that in the absolute best way – it’s nice to veg out with a book instead of with TV.
- Currently Eating: Nothing very interesting, mostly because having a cold (or whatever this is) makes me a little uninterested in food. I have, however, been sucking down an abnormal amount of Torani Lemongrass Ginger syrup mixed in seltzer water for “homemade” ginger ale. It’s so darn tasty; I love it. It’s really no better/healthier than just cracking open a can of Canada Dry, but considering the mountain of seltzer water in my house, it’s just as convenient.
- Currently Watching: I somehow managed to start and finish watching season 1 of Sneaky Pete on Amazon Prime. It was okay, and I’ll be happy to watch season 2 when it comes out, but I prefer my streaming to be more lighthearted and funny. I finished it off last night, so I’m not sure what’s next. Nothing has caught my eye yet, so maybe I’ll take a break and watch some movies this weekend.
- Currently Loving: Still can’t get enough of the WeRateDogs twitter account. So darn cute, and it always makes me laugh and squeal with delight.
Also loving the mixed reactions from friends who knew about the job interview and know some of the players involved. Of the six people I told, four people used the word “stunned” when I told them I didn’t get it. A few are glad I’m not going anywhere. Two thought it was a bad move to begin with. And one seems way more upset about it than I am, days later. As for me, I can’t get over the fact that people seem to care so much about me and what I do/where I go. How could anyone ever want to leave these people??
- Currently Anticipating: We’re supposed to get bonus payouts in just under two weeks and I don’t think I’ve ever been so excited for it before. I mean, obviously bonus time has always been one of my favorite times of the year, but this year I’m considering paying off the balance of my mortgage with the bonus money. If I keep up my extra payments, I’m scheduled to pay it off by the end of May. More than likely, I’d end up paying it off at the end of April, but why not go one step further and pay it off with the bonus money? Even if we get less of a bonus this year than in previous years, the amount should more than cover the mortgage. So yay! I’m going to be a 100% homeowner soon! (Ugh, I hate home ownership.)
Now that I know for sure that I’m sticking around and it feels like I’ve found an extra $27k/year to play with (not true, but that’s how I’m spinning it in my head), I’ve got to get started on planning some vacations. I’ve had one particular vacation in mind for a couple years now, and it should be relatively cheap, so this might be the year I do it. Regardless, it’s time to start considering different possibilities.
I can’t wait to get over this dang cold, and I hope it ends soon.
Next week we have our company offsite thing, from Tuesday through Thursday. Unlike last year, the Pgh people aren’t required to stay overnight. Personally, I wouldn’t have minded staying over, but we’re trying to keep the budget down. Anyway, Tuesday and Wednesday are going to be very long days and nights filled with coworkers, meetings, drinks, and dinners. Thursday will just be a day full of meetings, but then we’re scheduled to get out at 4:30. I like the fact that I’m not going to have to worry about feeding myself for much of those three days, but I’m a little leery of how exhausted I’ll be by the end of it – like last year, I’m the designated event photographer, so I’ll need to be everywhere at all times. Still, it’ll be fun to see all the coworkers I never get to see on a daily basis.
That’s all for now. Have a great weekend, everyone!