These guys pretty much sum it all up, don’t they?
It’s been a very long, tiring week, and there are lots of things planned for this weekend and the next couple weeks. It’s going to be kind of a hectic time, but hopefully there will be some fun sprinkled in.
As for the pups, they’re fine, just happily exhausted. My parents went away on a vacation and the pupperonis went to doggy daycare (aka “the Spa”) for a few days. Any time they go to doggy daycare, they come home completely pooped – which is the only reason why the two of them are tolerating each other’s presence on the couch at the same time. What I wouldn’t give to go snuggle up to the two of them today… but nope! There’s work to be done…
- Currently Reading: I finished Modern Lovers fairly quickly and then moved to the last Emma Straub book that’s available electronically from the library – Laura Lamont’s Life in Pictures. I like it the least of the Emma Straub books so far, but it’s still easy reading (though it’s taking me longer to get through it since I’m less excited about it). I might still be reading this one next week at this time.
- Currently Eating: Oy vey. I knew going into this week that the way I’ve been eating over the past few months was going to go out the window with the work conference. There was just no feasible way to keep up with it, so I was prepared to gorge myself like a “normal” person. What I was unprepared for was the fact that last night, at the end of the three day food bacchanalia, I would both look and feel like I was six months pregnant. (Side note: don’t ever say the words “six months pregnant” in a conference full of guys; everyone’s faces turn panicky and they get nervous.)
Honestly, though, I was so bloated and blah after just three days that my jeans were noticeably tighter and I was super-uncomfortable. For those times that I’m on the fence about whether or not eating cleaner and eating less grains makes a difference, there’s my answer – it changes everything. I have some events planned through this weekend that require eating tacos and brunch foods, so the uncomfortable-ness is likely to continue until next week. I’m already excited to get back to the gym and some normalcy on Monday, but in the meantime, vivan los tacos! 🙂
- Currently Watching: It’s been a week full of adult-themed cartoons, for a change! Last Friday, I watched Sausage Party while I was multitasking, so I was only half paying attention. It was… interesting. At one point, I had it on at the gym and there was a hot dog on the screen – fairly innocent, right? The next moment, the hot dog was having a conversation with a condom, and I had to turn it off – sooooo awkward at the gym.
At work on Saturday night, I solicited some suggestions from the other bartender, because we have quasi-similar tastes. He’s been trying to get me to watch Archer for what seems like forever, but I’ve historically resisted. Well, I gave it a whirl after our event on Saturday, and I’ve been watching it ever since. It’s pretty funny at times, even if it is a cartoon; plus, I like that the episodes are short. For someone with a fairly short attention span and who likes to multitask, I can appreciate a show with 20-minute episodes.
- Currently Loving: The thing I love the most this week is the fact that this work conference is over. Even without having to travel anywhere or to stay overnight, it fully engulfed our days and nights, and it was just tiring. Fun (at times) and enjoyable (to see our remote coworkers), but exhausting.
I love that I’m getting some new projects at work (this is also a source of some stress, as two of them are starting at the same time), and I’m more than likely going to travel to a state I’ve never been to before within the next couple weeks. Bonus: it’s a southern state, so I’ve been briefed that I’ll be eating lots of BBQ and biscuits. Sign. Me. Up.
Finally, I’m loving (and anticipating) having two foodie events to attend this weekend. The first is tonight, a VIP Sneak Peak at the first Pittsburgh location of Condado Tacos. The second is a brunch event at the Aviary, prepared by Atria’s. In both cases, I’m bringing friends, so I won’t have to sit there by myself pretending to text people. 😉
- Currently Anticipating: The two foodie events, for obvious starters. Other things I’m looking forward to:
- Next week seems like it might be relatively normal and easy, so I’ll appreciate a break after this week (and before the week after next, since that’s likely when I’m traveling).
- Back to my normal volunteer schedule this coming week… and with FULL SHIFTS, which never seems to happen!! 🙂 ❤
- Our monthly volunteer team meeting this coming week.
- Bonus payouts on Wednesday. (YAYYYYYY!!!)
- Maybe getting some closure on the job and interview process from a couple weeks ago. Surprisingly, it’s kind of an ongoing thing – how often does that happen? On the other hand, I’ve been asked by someone within that job’s location if they can use documents I’ve created, for their jobs. This whole situation is kind of the opposite of normal, and I’m starting to feel a little uncomfortable about it. That said, I’m anticipating maybe putting the whole thing to rest this week, depending on how things go.
- Working both Friday AND Saturday next weekend, so hopefully that’ll mean extra $$ in my bank account.
All signs point to this weekend and upcoming week being good (and maybe even prosperous). Let’s hope that holds true. Have a great weekend, everyone!