Happy Saint Patrick’s Day! I will be celebrating by working all day and then bartending a wedding all night. Yay?
- Currently Reading: Still only about 25% through Laura Lamont’s Life in Pictures. Still not bad, but it’s rather slow-moving. The library also auto-checked-out Amy Schumer’s book for me, so I might take a break and go to that since it’s infinitely more in-demand (and I’ll have a hard time renewing it if I don’t finish it).
- Currently Eating: This week was much more “normal” than last week, and I felt so much better because of it. However, almost all of the next week is going to be spent either at work (Friday and Saturday night) or traveling down south for work (starting Sunday morning). I’ve already been told that I should expect lots of biscuits and BBQ and that I’ll come back home about 20 pounds heavier. That sounds like a challenge to me. 😉
As for today, I tried starting the day off right with egg whites topped with smoked salmon, dabs of cream cheese, and some capers, but not even that combo could keep away my anxiety and impending bad mood. I might need more coffee for this upcoming weekend and week.
- Currently Watching: Still watching Archer. I think I’m near the end of season 3 right now, and I like it more and more the longer I watch it.
- Currently Loving: Coffee.
A great excuse (work) to get out of town for a little while.
A great excuse (again, work) to take some time off from volunteer stuff. Feeling highly conflicted about some things these days.
The fact that, aside from about a $200 balance to keep my account active for escrow and tax purposes (hopefully coming out by the end of the month), my house is paid off.
Re-visiting my lifelong goal of moving abroad permanently and searching for houses and apartments online. It’s probably not going to happen (I’m a little anxious about the “permanent” part), but yesterday I may have gotten the swift kick in the pants needed to get me out of my comfort zone.
- Currently Anticipating: It’s not all doom and gloom around here. Still looking forward to a few things:
- Getting out of town and visiting a place I’ve never been to before.
- Warmer weather (hence, going south).
- Hopefully making a lot of money tonight and tomorrow night at work – I’m hoping it’ll be worthwhile working on my normal night off.
- Taking a break from some things.
- Being completely incommunicado for a few hours over the next week while I’m in-flight.
- Having a built-in distraction from regular life. (The work trip is the distraction… how sad is that?)
- I’m starting to feel like I need a vacation. Desperately. I have just about all the PTO days in the world, so I should get on that.
That’s it for this week. Have a happy and safe St. Patrick’s Day and weekend!