Another week is somehow in the books, and I have no idea where the days went. Seems like it was just yesterday that I was stressing out about working Friday and Saturday and then catching a flight on Sunday morning. In all honestly, the frenetic pace was kind of nice – it didn’t leave me with much time to think. And getting away, even though it was for work, was fantastic. I’m almost at the point where I want to ask my boss for another kickoff, just so I can travel again. Maybe I should switch over to being a traveling consultant instead of office-based – then I’d be out of town most days (and make more money). Hmmm…
- Currently Reading: I did almost zero reading this past week, just because traveling/exploring is exhausting. I didn’t read a single word of Laura Lamont’s Life in Pictures, but I did read through a couple chapters of The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo on the plane ride home Wednesday night. Kind of like watching Sausage Party at the gym, reading TGwtLBT was kind of awkward when my nearest seatmate kept glancing over to see what I was reading. If you haven’t read it, let’s simplify things and say that it’s not exactly a book that would be rated PG or even PG-13. Still, I didn’t know the dude beside me, so I didn’t care all that much. As for the book itself, I’m not sure how I feel about the writing style just yet, but the stories themselves are what I’d expect from Amy Schumer.
- Currently Eating: Leftovers from Birmingham. Some people think it’s a little strange to take home leftovers from a business trip, but here’s why it’s not – it’s incredibly helpful to have food ready and waiting for you when you’re jet-lagged and/or travel-tired. I didn’t have to worry about making any meals yesterday, and I don’t have to worry about it today, either. In turn, this allows me to focus more time on catching up on work and extracurricular things I missed while I was away, AND I get to enjoy more tastes of the food I loved so much. It’s kind of like extending the very best parts of the trip.
So today, I ate my last biscuit from the trip, from a place called the Alabama Biscuit Co. When that’s your name, you’d better have some darn good biscuits (that’s like saying you make the official biscuits for the entire state), and they did not disappoint. I slathered it with some butter and honey for breakfast, and enjoyed it with coffee out of my new favorite mug. Not the worst way to start the day, that’s for sure.
Likely back to eating like normal next week, once the leftovers are gone. That’ll only last until Friday, when I have an event to go to, but it’ll be nice to get back on the wagon for a little while.
- Currently Watching: All of my flights were short, so my in-flight entertainment kept getting interrupted, but I managed to watch Suicide Squad over the course of all four flights. I didn’t know anything about the story, only that almost everyone I know flipped out and had joygasms over it, so I expected I’d like it (and I did). Wish I could’ve watched it all in one go instead of over the course of 4 days/4 flights, but I was also relieved that my flights weren’t long. So. Trade-off.
I didn’t watch any Netflix while I was gone, but last night I got back to watching Archer. Still on season 4, and it’s still making me laugh.
- Currently Loving: Birmingham leftovers.
Looking at apartments/condos/houses elsewhere (anywhere) and imagining a little fantasy world where I can just pick up and move.
- Currently Anticipating: I’ve turned down all plans for tonight, so it’s just me, the gym, Netflix, and hopefully an early bedtime. I can’t wait.
I’m oddly excited to get back to bartending tomorrow – things have been going well there lately. I still need to deposit my tips from last weekend, too, so right now I [artificially] feel like I’m rich – so many stacks of cash on my kitchen floor!
The weather forecast seems to be pretty beautiful this weekend and ongoing – maybe I missed the very last of the winter weather while I was in Birmingham? I can only hope.
A trip to see the pupperonis is probably in order this weekend, since my dad says they don’t remember me anymore. (How mean!)
Still need to work on planning some vacation time. I’m supposed to go to an event next Saturday (4/1), so I’m off work, but I don’t really want to go at the moment. Part of me wants to do a quick getaway instead. Final plans are yet to be determined.
That’s it for now. Happy weekend, kids.