Greetings and salutations, amigos!
I worked from home today, which was key for me feeling like a normal person (meaning, I got to sleep a bit). Yesterday, we got the go-ahead to start planning for an onsite meeting in early June, and I was designated as the Official Food & Beverage Director for the trip (honestly, there’s an asterisk beside my name and a footnote for “Official Food & Beverage Director” on our travel agenda)… as though it’s a cruise or a vacation. So instead of concentrating on my job today, I started making a list of places I want to eat at in Dallas. I love work days like today. 🙂
The evening has seen me traipsing through Costco and purchasing new luggage (I have at least 2 work trips in the foreseeable future and something happened to my carry-on recently), and ending up in the volunteer office to get some work done. I get the sinking suspicion that I’m the only one around here who knows how to use the copy machine, because people keep telling me we’re out of paperwork in the loading dock (instead of making copies themselves)… so that’s what I’m up to tonight.
Riveting Friday night over here!
- Currently Reading: I haven’t gotten far on Naked At Lunch, but it’s only because so much has been going on in the evenings this week, and I’ve had emails to deal with in the mornings on the bus. Three people over the past week have asked me what I’m reading, though, and I’ve had to tell them this book, which elicits some interesting reactions. I like it, though; hopefully I’ll get a little time to read it over the long weekend!
- Currently Eating: Everything under the dang sun. I have leftovers to eat from the past couple days, so I’ve been eating those, and I’ve had more than my fair share of alcoholic beverages over the past week. I don’t have high hopes of straightening myself out over the weekend, so I’ll be back to normal starting Tuesday… but for less than a week, because then I’ll be off to Texas. Almost seems pointless to try to eat healthy for a week. Merp.
- Currently Watching: I watched season 2 of Master of None this week, and I liked it much better than season 1. I love Aziz Ansari; I think he’s adorable, so I’m always happy to watch shows with him in them.
I finished it up last night, and then moved onto the next season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. I have so many mixed feelings about this show, but I keep watching. I’m still not sure I like it, but it’s like I can’t stop.
- Currently Loving: My parents went away for the weekend, and their normal doggy spa is booked through the holiday, so they’re at their backup doggy spa. We love their regular one because we’ve gotten to know the owner (rather, my parents have) and she loves our pups and they love her, but I enjoy when they go to the backup spa because the backup has nanny cams set up so people can log in and watch their animals. So that’s pretty much what I did today in between Yelp, Eater, and Thrillist searches for Dallas food – I spied on the pupperonis. Every time I switched over to the nanny cam tab, they were outside, so I sat in my house talking to the computer – “Come on! Come here! Come inside, Taco! I see your little brown legs, Tank! Come here, little boys!” Nevermind the fact that there was no sound on either end. It was creepy and fun. ❤
- Currently Anticipating: Having two full days off in a row with nothing to do and nowhere I have to be. I work tomorrow night at the bar, but after that, I’m free. I’ve been invited to a family picnic since my parents aren’t home to host their usual fiesta, but I’m not positive I want to make the drive up for the evening – especially since I won’t be able to jailbreak the puppers. I’ve been feeling rather run-down lately, and I have a lot of stuff coming up between volunteer responsibilities, work travel, and sand volleyball starting up again, so I might just take Sunday and Monday off and do nothing. I like that idea, but I also know I’ll feel left out if everyone else is at picnics and I’m not. At least it’s nice to have options.
That’s all for this week, folks! Hope you enjoy the weekend, and be safe!