Happy Friday, friends!
I’m both thrilled and terrified that it’s the weekend – I still have a lot of work stuff that I’m leaving unfinished, and I’m headed to Dallas first thing Monday morning (and I haven’t prepared in the slightest), but it’s after 5pm on Friday and I’m so over this entire week. So yay! And eeek!
- Currently Reading: I haven’t gotten very far on Naked At Lunch, just because there’s been so much stuff to get done on the way to and from work every day and I’ve been bogged down with volunteer stuff nearly every evening until the wee hours of the morning. So much for having some time to read it over the long weekend!
- Currently Eating: I got back to relatively normal eating this week, so I feel much better, but I’m excited for what Dallas holds in store. I haven’t had much of a chance to do research on restaurants yet, but I’ve been assured that I won’t have a hard time finding good eats while I’m there.
- Currently Watching: I just started on the newest season of House of Cards. Love it so much, as always. I also watched The Secret Life of Pets this week, but it wasn’t nearly as funny as I’d expected. Cute, sure, but not outright hilarious.
- Currently Loving: I bought a lock-picking set on Ebay and it came in the mail today. A little while ago, I learned that the drawers to my volunteer desk are locked, but no one knows where the key is. Brand new desk, no key. So I tried picking the lock with paperclips, but that didn’t work. While I was in the office yesterday, I totally admitted (unprovoked) that I’d tried to pick the lock, and had to laugh when my manager said she’d tried the same thing when she was looking for some important papers. Since neither of us seem to be natural-born criminals, I’m hoping the lock-picking set helps. I tried it out while I was on conference calls this afternoon, and either the clear training lock that was sent with the set is ridiculously easy, or I’m a fast learner – I can now pick that lock within about 3 seconds. I’m curious if my newfound skills translate to the real world. 😉
In other fun purchases this week, I bought this really awesome weapon on Amazon and it came in the mail on Wednesday. It’s a long, hard flashlight that has a strobe light and zoom capabilities, and it houses a hidden 3″ knife. The flashlight body can also be used to shatter glass or to bust someone’s trachea. I’m way more excited about this than I should be, and it’s gone everywhere with me over the last few days. I not-so-secretly want to have a reason to use it on someone. Lot of pent-up aggression in this little package! I just need to remember it can’t go with me to Dallas… I don’t think my boss would appreciate me landing in TSA jail and missing the customer meetings.
- Currently Anticipating: I’m excited to not be working tonight, even though I probably should catch up on my regular-work stuff that I plan to let slide. Since I’ll be onsite with a customer Monday through Thursday next week, I won’t get a chance to do my regular stuff. Then again, it’s Friday night and I just put an out of office message up on my work email… so…
I’m also looking forward to hopefully visiting the Dallas chapter of the Red Cross. I’ve spent part of my day today trying to get contact info for people there, but I haven’t had much luck. I might just need to show up during the day and see if they’ll let me inside. Being in Texas, I assume they have a fairly large team and they can probably teach me a thing or two. Even if not, it’d be cool to actually talk to volunteers and staff from a totally different area. I’m such a disaster nerd. 🙂
And finally, I’m anticipating going someplace completely new to me – I’ve never been to Texas before, and I’ve wanted to go for years. Personally, I wouldn’t have picked June as the time to go, but I guess I can’t control everything.
Hope y’all have a great weekend!