You can’t tell from the picture, but it’s pretty much pitch black outside, at 3:45 in the afternoon. We’re getting remnants from Tropical Storm Cindy, which means we have another wet weekend ahead of us. I’m coping with it all by enjoying mid-day wine slushies – mix wine and frozen peaches, let sit in the freezer for a few hours, and then enjoy topped with seltzer water. It’s my new take on the Beer Friday festivities we typically enjoy at work. Whatever gets you through the day, amirite? 🙂
- Currently Reading: Naked At Lunch. I’m the slowest reader ever. Or maybe the most distracted. That’s probably more like it.
- Currently Eating: Nothing out of the ordinary, which feels nice. Chicken, vegetables, smoothies, and more vegetables are the order of the week. When I take a day or two to eat crap and then feel like crap for days afterwards, it’s always so hard to remember that eating good = feeling good. And let’s face it, when in Rome (or Birmingham, or Dallas, etc.), do and eat as the Romans. But it feels good to be back to normal for a little while before my next adventure.
- Currently Watching: I finished season 5 of Orange is the New Black last night right before bed, and I think I’m going to give GLOW a shot.
- Currently Loving: First off, wine slushies. I don’t love wine all that much, but when you mix it with fruit and top it with seltzer, it’s not so bad. Plus, vitamins. It’s like a health food.
Also currently loving Palmer’s Coconut Oil Body Wash. I smelled it in the store and I knew I had to have it – it smells exactly like suntan lotion. More importantly, though, it really truly seems to make my skin soft. Granted, we’ve just launched into summer, which means humidity and warmth; I’m curious to keep using it through the harsh, dry winter months to see if it still makes my skin soft then.
- Currently Anticipating: We have people on the volunteer schedule from tonight until tomorrow morning, so I’m hoping (fingers crossed!) for one full night of rest. Then again, tropical storm remnants… who knows what’s going to happen.
Still trying to figure out when I can take some time off from work and all the other things. For once, money isn’t the problem, and I have more than enough time to take; it’s a matter of carving out the time to use it.
Kind of looking forward to going to the gym tonight. As I rediscovered last night, if I can find a way to distract myself for an hour or so, I’m a much happier person. So now I need to figure out a way to distract myself at the gym. Maybe some solo racquetball is in my future tonight?
That’s it for this week, folks. It may not seem like I’ve had an exciting week or that I have an exciting weekend planned, but I’m perfectly content with a little peace and quiet these days. ❤
Have a great weekend!