Last night at the volunteer meeting, someone asked me how my summer has been going and I kind of gave her a blank stare. I seem to have forgotten it’s my favorite season. I mean, I know I’ve been struggling to keep the yardwork in check like every year, and we’re playing volleyball in the sand instead of in a stuffy gym with a hardwood floor, but the normal summertime feelings and activities just aren’t happening this year. Instead, I’ve been spending a lot of my time indoors working on a bunch of new volunteer projects and tracking the status of individual team members; I feel like I haven’t had much of a summer at all so far, and it’s already July 21. I’m kind of sad about it, to be honest.
Hopefully I’ll get a little bit of the summer-loving feeling tonight, though – I’ve been invited to a pool party at a friend’s house and I’m bringing along a bottle of prosecco and tomato-cucumber-feta salad. I don’t think it gets more summery than that. 😉
- Currently Reading: Last night (technically, this morning), I finished The Impossible Fortress. I really liked it; it was a super-easy read and I got through it pretty quickly. I was actually completely unprepared to finish it so quickly; I don’t have another book lined up in my queue to read, and Theft By Finding isn’t available for me to check out again. Guess I’m going to have to find something random from the library online!
- Currently Eating: Not eating so much as drinking… a ton of water. I’m so thirsty today, and I’m sure it has to do with barely drinking any water at volleyball last night and then going straight to the bar for margaritas afterwards. It was hot and humid last night and I was a sweaty mess when I got to Round Corner Cantina to meet my friends, but I still didn’t think to chug any water. Hence, all the chugging today.
I spent my afternoon today roasting and chopping vegetables for both the salad that I’m taking tonight and my meals during the week. For tonight, our host is making sloppy joes and everyone’s bringing a side dish (I’m bringing prosecco as a hostess gift, but I fully intend to pop that puppy open as soon as I set foot in the yard).
Also, I grabbed a ton of leftovers from work yesterday since we had one of my favorites, Salem’s. Lots of Indian-style barbecue chicken in my fridge; good thing I roasted veggies to go along with it!
- Currently Watching: I just started watching season 3 of The Great British Baking Show. I don’t know if I’ll ever be done with this show, but I’m kind of okay with that.
- Currently Loving: My plans for the future are coming along swimmingly. Slowly, but surely, I’m seeing progress and I’m being added to more emails, meetings, and training sessions that give me visibility into the things I want to do. I like that the folks in charge are trusting me to keep all the secrets, and that I’m proving to them that I can be trusted. Lots of good stuff happening. ❤
- Currently Anticipating: Looking forward to the pool party and hanging out with some of my most favorite people tonight. Even if it rains, I plan on going (unless the hostess cancels it, of course).
Tomorrow night I work (as usual) and we’re back to our regular bartender combo. We had a nice little break from each other, but hopefully we’ll have a good night.
Sunday, my parents have informed me that we’re meeting up somewhere for a late lunch/early dinner. No pups, but I suppose my parents will do. 😉
Next week my direct boss is out of the office, which doesn’t affect me much (he lets us do whatever we want, so long as we get our work done), but I won’t feel so bad if I work from home an extra day, maybe.
Finally, as of right now, the only thing I have scheduled after work next week is a volleyball game against my former team on Thursday. They’re super-nice people, so it’ll be fun to be on the other side of the net playing against them. But the point here is, I DON’T HAVE ANYTHING PLANNED AFTER WORK FOR 4 EVENINGS!! Granted, that’s subject to change at any moment, but I’m going to pretend it’ll stick. Who knows, maybe I’ll even get to go to the gym or do something for myself one of those days? IT’S A WHOLE NEW WORLD!
That’s it for this week, friends! Hope you all get to enjoy that summertime feeling. 🙂