If anyone had concerns about me moving to the Dallas-Fort Worth area for a new job, fret no more. I’ve said since June that the job that’s available there was too high-level for my entry into the organization, but everyone I told about it said otherwise. So I applied and I waited… and then I got the generic rejection email this morning. I didn’t even get an HR screening call, so at least it wasn’t anything I said… but man, it kind of really sucks that I didn’t even get a chance to relay how passionate I am about the company. On the plus side, I didn’t have to waste money on flights and a hotel for an interview, so I guess it’s good that I was able to save some money.
To make myself feel a little better, I got consolation ice cream tonight. I stopped at Page’s after the gym and a Costco run and got soaking wet while waiting for my Southside Shake. Totally worth getting drenched, btw. Hot fudge shake + peanut butter sundae = a slightly mellow(er) Lindsay. 🙂
- Currently Reading: I finished Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children early in the week and then I was able to get Theft By Finding back from the library. I’ve been very, very slowly working my way through it – not because I don’t like it anymore, but because I’ve been a strange mix of exhausted and unnaturally excited every night this week. So instead of reading, I’ve been spending my late nights and wee hours of the morning taking notes on disaster stuff and writing up some plans for our team. Little did I know it was all for nothing, but hey, maybe someone will be able to benefit from my work at some point in the future. Starting tonight, it’s back to reading for fun instead of reading for disasters.
- Currently Eating: Page Dairy Mart’s Southside Shake. 🙂 Otherwise, I had breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided for me nearly every day this week, so I’ve been a hot mess. Today in particular, I had coffee for breakfast, but then I had nonstop, back-to-back meetings from 10am to 5pm, and most of them ran over into the next meeting, so I essentially skipped breakfast and lunch. No wonder I ate almost half of my ice cream. Merp.
- Currently Watching: This week I’ve been working my way through the most recent season of Madam Secretary on Netflix. I can’t figure out if I want to be Téa Leoni, or just her character on the show. In either case, smarts + power + Tim Daly… what’s not to love?
- Currently Loving: It’s been a long week filled with a lot of ups and pretty steep downward curve at the end. The past two days have been really hard work-wise, so right now I’m really loving that I’m disconnecting my work email from my phone this weekend and peacing out until Monday. Granted, I still work at the bar tomorrow and I have some volunteer meetings tomorrow before work, but I’m loving the fact that I don’t have to do my real job for two whole days. If I’d known taking two and a half days off was going to be such a disaster (pun not intended), I wouldn’t have even bothered.
On a more positive note, I’m loving that I got to hang out with so many wonderful people this past week and I got to hear some different perspectives. I can’t remember the last time I learned so much over the span of three days, and it felt awesome (even if it did make my brain hurt at times!).
- Currently Anticipating: My volunteer meetings tomorrow – we’re hoping to finally get together to figure out how some new processes from National are going to affect us both at the chapter level and regionally. I’m excited to finally talk to people who know what’s going on.
I’m kind of looking forward to work tomorrow, just because I’ve been moving around a lot of money and now it looks like there’s nearly nothing in my checking account. That’s really just because the cash has all been moved to one of four savings accounts, but that doesn’t mean it’s any less terrifying to see my balance when I log onto pncbank.com. So yeah, I’m hoping we make some decent money so I don’t panic every time I withdraw money. 😉
And finally, my most favorite week of the year is just about here – Farm Show week! I haven’t decided which day I’m going to visit the fam so we can hang with the ku klux lambs, but I will definitely be there at least one day. I’m already pumped for livestock, junk food from dirty food stalls, and (of course) the infamous Farm Show donuts. Someone told me a rumor about the donuts not being there this year, and if that’s true, I might just cry. I’m not big on donuts, but Farm Show donuts are tradition and I hate when traditions are taken away from me.
That’s it for this week, folks. Have a great weekend and try to stay dry!