Nothing all that exciting is happening today, which is kind of a welcome change. I’m on the mend from having the plague, and while I’m still coughing a lot and I’m abnormally tired, I feel so much better than I did last week at this time. Put differently, I can get out of bed without feeling like I’m dying, so that’s progress. I’ll take it!
- Currently Reading: Like last week, I didn’t get much of a chance to read this week. I’m still working on Interpreter of Maladies, and I feel kind of “meh” about it. I like the stories, but I don’t like how long they are – I like shorter chapters that take less than 20 minutes to read. A lot of the ones in this book take 30+ minutes, which means I get too tired to finish and have to mark my spot. Sometimes I think I’m secretly an 8 year-old.
- Currently Eating: Honey Nut Cheerios (the Target version of them). That, Skittles, and copious cans of La Croix. That’s about it. Exciting!
- Currently Watching: I’m still working my way through The Larry Sanders Show. I think I just started season 3, so I’m nearly halfway through the series. I’ll probably still be working my way through it next week at this time.
- Currently Loving: The people I work with have been surprisingly awesome this week. People are proactively pushing out interviews for me (thank goodness), and my boss even offered to travel to Connecticut for me this week (again, thank goodness). It’s been almost… touching.
The interviews I have managed to get through have gone well. The one that I traveled for was just okay, though – I have a feeling I’m going to get a rejection from them, but I still haven’t gotten it yet. The internal one I had to prepare a presentation for went really really well, though, and I’m more excited about it than ever before. I still have one interview scheduled for another internal position on Monday, and one external one that’s to-be-scheduled. I might quit thinking about the external ones for a while after this, though – I’m not so positive that’s the direction I want to go anymore. On the one hand, that’s all I want to do… on the other hand, some local things have really turned me off from even thinking about it. Ah well. Time will tell.
- Currently Anticipating: I have this weekend off! While I feel like I’ve been traveling a lot lately, and I’m exhausted, I’m kind of antsy and I want to go somewhere. So we’ll see. My options are: travel somewhere within driving distance and stay overnight; stay home all weekend and rest; travel somewhere within driving distance and drive back the same day and then rest the remainder of the weekend; travel to see my parents and the pups and then rest the remainder of the weekend.
a) Rest, travel, or some combination this weekend. It might be a really good idea to clean my house and maybe disinfect it a little during this time.
b) Sunday I’m on-call (unless I travel).
c) Monday I have an internal interview.
d) Monday evening I have a regional volunteer meeting.
e) Tuesday evening I’m on-call.
f) Tuesday evening I have a national volunteer meeting.
g) Wednesday evening I’m on-call.
h) Wednesday evening I have a national volunteer meeting.
i) Thursday and Friday, I have no plans (yet). Hurrah!
That’s it for this week. Have a great weekend! 🙂